GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 04 silverado an I am about to be doing some mods. to it an I was just wondering what kind of power an 1/4 mile times you other guys out there with newer 5.3 an 4.8 are putting out. An does anyone have a g-tech unit sore sell.

·
Registered
658 Posts
15.414 @89mph In A 2002 Extended Cab Silverado...
At The Time I Had:
-hypertech Programmer
-k&n Fipk 2
-180 Thermostat
-40 Series Flows

·
Registered
254 Posts
I squeezed a 12.5 out of my '94, seems like the newer trucks are just getting slower :anitoof:

The 04's are pretty quick. I just sent out a tune to a guy with an '04 4x4 Z71 ecsb 5.3L.
Before the tune, he raced his buddy's Hemi reg cab. He got beat by about 4 truck lengths up to 90mph, so about a 1/4mile. After the tune, he said the hemi was only 1/2 truck length (he was on his rear bumper) ahead of him. So you have some good potential in there.
I just sent him another, more aggressive tune so he can see how it turns out lol, we're hoping with a little bit of tweaking he'll beat that hemi with just a tune.
It doesn't matter anyway, lol, he's installing a cam next month, so he'll be showing off his tailgate :bowtie:

later,

allen

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea that Hemi must have something done to it. Cause my 2000 z71 with 5.3 an a HPP3 an K+N intake plus 9" lift an 36" tires. Is faster than two Hemis I know. I beat them both by a half a car length or more.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ive seen stock 2003 RCSB 5.3L 4x4's run 16.7's, and the 4x2's run low 16's. My 4.3L is pushing 17sec flat, almost as fast as a stock 4x4 V8 :crazy: but ive got intake, exhaust, and, tbs. Gigantic heavy 20x9 Rimz though:driver:

·
tschmidt098
173 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
Ive seen stock 2003 RCSB 5.3L 4x4's run 16.7's, and the 4x2's run low 16's. My 4.3L is pushing 17sec flat, almost as fast as a stock 4x4 V8 :crazy: but ive got intake, exhaust, and, tbs. Gigantic heavy 20x9 Rimz though:driver:

I have a 1997 GMC RCSB and i raced a 2001 RCSB 4X4 and i beat it by 3 or 4 truck lengths. what do you think i will run when i go to the track in a couple of weeks
all i have on my truck right now is exhaust

·
Registered
736 Posts
Do you have a 4x4 or a 4x2? and whats your motor size. Id be willing to bet you would run 16-16.3's but its really an educated guess. :bowtie:

·
Registered
736 Posts
yeah, thats a great combo, a bigger engine then the 2001 in the first place, you should be running a solid 16 with your exhaust. Ill be curious to find out how you do

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
tschmidt098 said:
I have a 1997 GMC RCSB and i raced a 2001 RCSB 4X4 and i beat it by 3 or 4 truck lengths. what do you think i will run when i go to the track in a couple of weeks
all i have on my truck right now is exhaust
If it's in good shape,you should be running near 15.75. What track are you going to?

·
Registered
658 Posts
hey i ran a 15.414 with hypertech, K&N intake, exhaust, .......now i have the NElson tune, and headers......how much do you all think my time will drop......any guesses...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Joshs2002Silverado said:
hey i ran a 15.414 with hypertech, K&N intake, exhaust, .......now i have the NElson tune, and headers......how much do you all think my time will drop......any guesses...
you'll prolly be hittin 14's if the nelsel tune is as good as it sounds, and i know headers boost your time about 3-4sec alone :head:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
you'll prolly be hittin 14's if the nelsel tune is as good as it sounds, and i know headers boost your time about 3-4sec alone :head:
so if you have a truck that runs 15's....and then you put headers on it...you'lll be running 11-12's? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry Black Chrome but I know that by adding headers it will not lower you 1/4 mile times by 3-4 seconds. I have never heard of that happening.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts