GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I get a 1" BL??? Im usually really against body lifts in general...i hate the gaps they create, the way the engine drops down in the engine compartment...bumper raises...all that stuff...but i was thinkin that it would be hard to see real gaps with just 1", the engine wouldn't be that far down in the engine compartment, and the bumpers wouldn't need to be raised...is it worth it to get the 1" one??? and i know some of yall are gonna say, "well, if ur gonna do it, go ahead and get a 3" BL" theres no way im gonna do that...i was thinkin about new cab bushings, and ran across that...id do all that at the same time...I just need some way to get my truck up higher...and don't want the frame showin too much...or to really have anyone be able to tell without closer inspection that i have a BL...what do yall think about that?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am gonna get a lift kit some day...but im usually one to just go for ALL suspension when it comes to lift...i can't stand blocks and hate tall BLs...and i can't afford what i want rt now (rear shackle flip, 1" 0 rate AAL rear, 4" front springs, steering arm, and extended brake lines) and I still need some 33s...i don't want to have it look even stupider with 4" lift and 31s...and i can't run anything bigger than 33s with my 3.08 gears in the axle cuz i would like to keep the tranny working correctly...

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
just saveup for your suspension lift. 1 inch would be f'ing pointless and your rear bumper would look like ass

·
Banned
487 Posts
with 33's your guna RAPE your tranny... jesus..... i ran 31's with 3.73 gears on a 700r4 and screwed it up. i absolutly hate them tranny's i'd rather have a 2-speed bike without a chain.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
A one inch body lift would be completely pointless you might as well put some more air in your tires jk. save up for a suspension lift. a one inch body lift would be a waste of time and money if you want to save some money get a JC Whitney catalog and look for a lift. :bowtie:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts