GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, I have a 4/6 drop currently with 2" shackles in the rear also. I want to go about another inch in the front until I get some bags(Christmas time). I have the DJM uppper and lower control arms. Should I try to get a 1" coil spring or what? Any Options are greatly welcomed!!!

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
I would just cut the spring IMO.

but thats usually frowned upon in hte online truck community, but it sure beats payin 75 bucks for an inch:read:

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
Belltech makes a 1 inch coil and so does Springtech , Im in the same boat as you man .. Need ONEEE more inch , then im done ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Take a grinding wheel to it, put the end you cut into your control arm with the cut end sticking to the outside of the truck. Done this countless times on all kinds of vehicles.

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do yall think it will change the ride much? O, I just bought a set of Monroe "Sensa-Trac" Shocks. I think they are the best Shock I have ever had, would I need to get new ones if I change the coil?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
A 1" coil shouldn't change the shock that much. The shock will be compressed about 1/2" more than normal. I dont think 1" of drop with cutting the coil would even be noticible performance wise

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
just cut it, like kyle said above, i really dont think it would hurt a thing

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I see no reason not to buy drop coils...less than $100 and like you said, you could sell them later on...they will ride better till you bag it than cuttin the coil...im sure even if u bought the springtechs for $70, you could find someone to buy them for $40-$50 when u bag it...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
`Cutting a drop coil is okay for that extra inch, but i wouldn't cut a stock coil.

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
DemoN said:
hell, the moment someone buys them and says the rides fine...The viking is going to want them :LOL:
:read: :crazy:

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Are the Springtech coils a very good spring when compared to say Western Chassis or Belltech??

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
99Silver5.3 said:
Are the Springtech coils a very good spring when compared to say Western Chassis or Belltech??
I wish I knew , I would have ordered them by now .. :(

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
SierraSport said:
I wish I knew , I would have ordered them by now .. :(
Ok, I was just curious. Im still deciding on what to do myself. Im torn between Springtech or Western Chassis.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts