GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hear alot of people run the 11KV2s Elemental Design 10s in the subthump downfire boxes for crew cabs but what are my other options. I have heard ED is great and I have also heard they arent all that. What other subs are out there that will work well in a .55cf space?

I have checked out the entry line of RE Audio the REX10 - look good, cheap, made in china though.

ED's - heard good and bad

Dayton HO - requires alot more power than other subs on the market to run - if worth it though I will purchase a larger amp.

I listen to everything and like a system that can hit low so I will probably have to polyfill along with using the correct sub for the application.

What do you guys recommend that have run 10" downfire systems in CC or anything similar?

·
Registered
318 Posts
So I hear alot of people run the 11KV2s Elemental Design 10s in the subthump downfire boxes for crew cabs but what are my other options. I have heard ED is great and I have also heard they arent all that. What other subs are out there that will work well in a .55cf space?

I have checked out the entry line of RE Audio the REX10 - look good, cheap, made in china though.

ED's - heard good and bad

Dayton HO - requires alot more power than other subs on the market to run - if worth it though I will purchase a larger amp.

I listen to everything and like a system that can hit low so I will probably have to polyfill along with using the correct sub for the application.

What do you guys recommend that have run 10" downfire systems in CC or anything similar?

Depends on what amp you have now even though I know you said that you'd upgrade if needed..

The ED would be fine as the RMS 300W, the RE does under rate some and you would be able to push more than the 175 w RMS to those.

Look into memphis or the new kickers possibly I am more into the bigger mounting depth subs and not much experience in shallow mounts.

The ED is more than the RE X model but I think comparing those 2 models the ED would have better output with the specs and xmax etc. I am an RE/FI/Sundown/AQ/DD/DC fan as those brands are badass for the money. Some are quite a bit more expensive though LOL depending on the model.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody else?

·
Registered
10 Posts
im in the same situation i am either going with 2 8 inch kicker l7's or or 2 10 inch elemental designs 11kv2. im leaning more towards the ed's tho because im guessing the sound output between those 2 subs wont be that different and the ed's are much cheaper. with the amp i think i would go with a kicker zx1000.1 for the l7's and with the ed's a kicker zx750.1. does any of this sound halfway decent this will be my first subs so i have no idea what im talking about.sorry for the rambling but i just am in the exact same situation and hopefully somebody will be able to help us both

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought the 11Ov.2 Subwoofer when they were 1/2 price. I am not impressed. I am running them in .65 boxes facing up, under the seat...
Will not buy ED again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
find a nice sub and run it at one ohm (you will need a less powerful amp, assuming it will be one ohm stable, to save you money) and have a custom shop build a box to match its specs.
:imo

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Lol well i have been a memphis fan before this site was built....DIE HARD...Had everything from power reference to mojos subs and power refence to d class amps, and not to mention power reference to m class components lol...Also had mtx 1500d and two sets of 9500s :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have four 11kv2's in my Yukon downfiring with 1200 watts pushing them at 1 ohm and I wouldn't trade them for anything. My box is sealed and as long as the box is made properly these subs will hit hard. I also did have them upfiring but the performance wasn't the same. Try to play around with sub positioning. Every vehicle is different.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My influence grows!!

:big_banana_Dance:

Seriously tho, those RE level RE subs suck something fierce.
YA I have to agree the RE SL slim lines look like they suck but then again I think all slims suck IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
well i am going for more loudness over sound quality although i know its not gonna really be loud no matter what in these trucks without a blow through. but between something like 2 10 inch kicker cvt's vs 2 8 inch l7's which do you guys think would get louder in a sealed downfire box

1 - 20 of 34 Posts