GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Those first 2 should do rated power. Only thing is idk about he newer re/us amps stuff. Dont think they are made like they used to be. That crunch amp would probably do 1000 but isn't very quality.

Not trying to pitch a sale at you but im been trying to sell the amp out my girls car that does 1000 and is stable @ 1 ohm. Its a old school tsunami amp but ive had it for about 2 years on many speakers and it pushed every one them as hard as it could.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet ive seen that exact amp. Im sure it was the one that was hyped when I bought my 15'' RE XXX.

Anyway crunch, MB quart, and hifonics, autotek are sister companys. Would these 1500-2000w watt amps makes my sub sound like shit or what ? I dont understand much when it comes to amps. I dont see why they sell their shit so cheap. Im guessing they distort the fuck out of subs.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Well for one amps like hifonics and crunch may put out that power and push a sub well but that doesnt mean its gonna last as long or sound as good as a quality product. But unless you have heard a quality amp you really dont know what your missing.

Basically those amps "specs" are really far off.

if you need a amp im only wanting 150 for my tsunami. Its a old school amp so its not overrated like most of these new amps are.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
if you want a decently priced amp that does more than true power look into a memphis mc-1000d
yup, or a BD1000 or BD1500
check fuse ratings. Something in the neighborhood of 120-200

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ya they had them for $400 I thought not long ago but I noticed on ssa they have the SAE 1200D Listed for only $250 but it says pre order sale..

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-SAE%252d1200D.html

I told wickedgmc before about all of this.

The Sae1200d will also put out a true 1200Wrms @1ohm at only 12.8 volts. Has 5 30 amp fuses and is capable to put out close to 1500WRMS @ 1 ohm.

The OLD us amps stuff is good but not so on the newer. That sound stream is alright. They will all work but I would not buy the ones you listed wickedgmc, that is just IMO.

I wouldn't buy any amp that does not list all specs like fuse ratings etc lol. Those power acoustik amps work but does not put out 4000wrms lol..

If you are on that budget ($250-$275 range) get:

***AQ 1200d***
***sundown sae 1200d***
Old skool Orion

If you have a bigger budget

saz 1500d puts out over 1500Wrms @1ohm +
Rockford Fosgate T10001bd puts out [email protected] $300-$375 ebay
DD amps
RD amps

So many amps to list but cant go wrong with the listed above.
You had your mind set on kicker before, they are fine if you get them at a good deal.

For your budget of about $250-$275 Id pick the ones above I have starred.

·
Armed NRA member.
550 Posts
the nine.1 isnt a great amp, its just like the old RE 12.1 (both of which i've had).. IMO hifonics is the best bang for the buck out there.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
If you are on that budget ($250-$275 range) get:

***AQ 1200d***
***sundown sae 1200d***
Old skool Orion
the old school ones were
Red series (HCCA):
2x25 or 400x1 at 1ohm
2x50 or 400x1 at 2ohm
2x100 or 800x1 at 2ohm
Black Series (GT):
all 4 ohm stereo stable or 2 ohm mono
so nothing in that wattage/ohm range

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was set on the kicker zx1500.1 but then changed my mind as I didnt want to spend that much money just yet. So i switched my order and went with a daul 2 ohm sub, to then look for a 1 ohm amp because they are more common it seems.

Those I posted are not the finest quality products by any means and I know that. Im was jsut looking for a cheaper way out.

As of right now im pretty stuck on the new rockford T15001bd. There is also a used IA 20.1 for sale too that is only $50 cheaper but i feel more comfortable buying a new product. I figured since I bought a decent sub I should power it with a decent amp.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On some sites where they sell hifoncs and crunch products they were stating exactly half the power as RMS power and what they are rated was their peak power. Im sure they arent exaclty half but im sure they arent far from it.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
arent the T1500bd's more than a sundown?

·
Registered
318 Posts
the old school ones were
Red series (HCCA):
2x25 or 400x1 at 1ohm
2x50 or 400x1 at 2ohm
2x100 or 800x1 at 2ohm
Black Series (GT):
all 4 ohm stereo stable or 2 ohm mono
so nothing in that wattage/ohm range
Ya I was thinking of the orion 1200d but then realized it wasn't a true old school amp but they are still pretty good if you can get them for cheap. I have seen them around for low bucks.
It is the silver one that has the 3 40 amp fuses.

This is the one that is actually pretty good 2005 models not like some of the newer ones.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_711_--+CLOSEOUT--+--+Orion+1200D.html#

1 - 20 of 30 Posts