GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont like the way my current intake set up is. The radix intake tube is not large enough to go around the 90 throttle body, so I used a 4" coupler to mate the 2 pieces together. The tube then shrinks down to the 75/78mm MAF which is probably around 3.25-3.5".

I was thinking of buying the 100mm lingenfelter MAF and running 4" intake tubing straight to the 90mm tb. I already have maxed out the MAF and at the point where I am going to need a 2 bar tune or this.. How much power can I look to expect?

Question is...
1. Should I remove the stock MAF altogether, make a 4" intake, and run a 2-bar SD tune?

or...

2. Install a 100mm MAF, run true 4" intake, and calibrate the tune with the new MAF.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
1. would be less expensive. That's what I'd probably choose unless for some reason you need the MAF.

SD and MAF both have advantages and disadvantages. Did you see my thread on the 90mm ones and then the 100mm? It's got some good info, if I knew more about tuning I'd love to share more input.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
I'd keep the MAF, but thats just my preference... makes it easier to tune for different important aspects of FI... IAT's etc etc...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SD and MAF both have advantages and disadvantages. Did you see my thread on the 90mm ones and then the 100mm? It's got some good info, if I knew more about tuning I'd love to share more input.
What are some of the advantages and disadvantages?

I just read your thread, seems like a 2 bar SD tune may be a bit better.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
What are some of the advantages and disadvantages?

I just read your thread, seems like a 2 bar SD tune may be a bit better.

Seems easier as once the MAF gets so large, you have to constantly skew the numbers to get it to run... but maybe once it is done it will drive like stock?

Got me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts