GMC Truck Forum banner

11 inches of lift 40's?

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Tchredneck 
#1 ·
I've read around and i figured my friend could fit 40's atleast but yall tell me if theres any flaws to this plan
03 z71 chevy
has new tkeys and 2 in blocks

he is doing 6 in procomp
3body
so that be atleast 11 inches of lift
4:88 gears

and 38-40 swampers cheapest blems he can find

yall think he should go big as possible are shut it down at bout 38's

and is there anything you think he should change in his lift plan

#5 ·
the more me and him discuss it
its probily gonna be 37's and hes gonna spend his extra cash he saves on tires for more bling:D

but keep yalls opinions coming

but what bout the gearing that should be tough enough for 37's?

#9 ·
I love my 4.88s with my 37s.

#10 ·
that would probably be better...and 5.13s wouldn't be too deep either...
mmm 5.13s :anitoof:

there is a guy around here that is runnin a 7" cogsnito with 37s iirc, he used to have 36 iroks etc

#12 ·
#15 ·
I got 5" on 37's. So put it this way, it all depends on tire/wheel combo to decide how much lift he needs. Daily driving sucks on big ass tires, ask Redeckdude. 6" lift on stockers with 36-37" tires wouds be a good daily driving setup. I like NBS with lift and Stock 5 spoke 17" rims, they look bitching on those trucks :rocking:

#17 ·
Yeah, thats true... my truck with the cognito kicks the front tires out so that makes it harder to stuff the truck... also, the skinnier the wheel... usually the more you can stuff... Also when the backspacing is more so it stays under the truck.

#19 ·
I will be test fitting a 39.5" Irok this week.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.