GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my buddy's truck. He just installed a 12" FTS and 46" Baja Claws on 20" Maxx 6s. It already had the 3" body on it. He is also running 4.88s and an Auburn in the rear. He had to put 2" spacers on it to keep it from rubbing on the dual shocks in the front when he turned. He also doesn't have any rubbing at this point. He has the air dam trimmed and has trimmed the plastic on the inner fender but that is it. The truck looks awesome in person. For comparison, the truck beside it is mine with a 6" Superlift and some worn out 285s. The pics aren't that great but I was rushed trying to get to work and he just happened to be sitting in a gas station as I was passing by. The first picture is it with a 6" Fabtech, ford keys, 3" body, and 37" Grapplers. Enjoy...
Chrisson20s37s2.jpg

100_0265.jpg

100_0266.jpg

100_0267.jpg

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
overkill!

·
Resident Coonass
206 Posts
Wow i bet that IFS is loving those big ass tires. :bowtie:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get some pics standing further away and I think it looks good 46" claws though with 4.88s ouch. Have em measure his fender height :D
I will try to get some better pics sometime when I see him and get the fender measurement. He had put the 4.88s in about 7-8 months ago when he put the 37" grapplers on it. Now he is wishing that he had went with 5:13s but he didn't have these plans at the time. It does really good turning them though.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that a 10 blt.?
Unfortunately, yes it is. I have told him several times that if he tries to drive it much it will blow really quick and that he out to put a 14 bolt in it. He is going to use it as a show truck basically now so he is not really worried about it I don't guess.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
if we could help Z71 on 44's, we can help this guy :rofl2:

·
Registered
840 Posts
I like a big truck, but those 46s are too big. They don't fit the truck, even with the amount of lift he has. There's doing things "big" and then there's doing things "right". I don't consider this one "right". JMHO. Nice truck, just totally overkill.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
It actually looks better than I would have pictured. Not a bad truck.

·
4,725 Posts
Looks a lot better. For once, not too much lift. Axles are small but it's a show truck so fuck it.

Chrome + camo is gay as fuck.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Yea get some more from standing farther back, and thats is a half ton right.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
i think it looks damn good actually. if its a show truck, fuck it who cares? if the 10 blows, get a 14. i dont even like claws and that looks really good, IMO

1 - 20 of 61 Posts