GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some wheels for my 2010 GMC Sierra 1500. Ive been searching but skeptical as to whether they would fit. They are 20x10 with -12 offset and backspacing of 5. I would like to run 33s. I have a leveling kit but fixing to add a 1.25 rc body lift. Can anyone please tell me if I can run these wheels. If not I feel I'd have to step down to a 20x9 with a offset of 1. Thanks in advance for all your help.

· Registered
1,646 Posts
I ran a 20x10 -12 on 33x12.5 federals with 2" level and 1.25" body lift and trimmed and they got nicely. But when I bought new tires I bought 305/55 duratracs and only had like half turn either way. It'll all depend on the tire you buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
735 Posts
Little bit of both, but mostly your rim size/offset

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the -12 offset is really what brings it into question. Just haven't got in clear answer yet. I'd really like to run wider wheel with the -12 offset as opposed to the 9" wheel with a 1 offset

· Registered
735 Posts
It's been done and looks great IMO but you'll have to cut a lot. That rim/tire combo fits great at 5-7" of lift

· boogity boogity
1,870 Posts
I run a 305/55/r20 on stockers which are 20x8.5 and I have 2" spacers. I have around 4" of total lift and I barely clear and I've done the small norcal as well, I dont see how the guys running a 20x10 on a negative offset clear .

· GMFS Member
888 Posts
What about a -12 offset on a 17" wheel with 33's though? Just leveled. I like the old monster truck look of lots of tire on a smaller wheel. Not into the whole 20" wheel thing.
Like he said, size won't make a difference. But I have 17x9 0 offset on 285's with a 2.5" level and rubbed plastic. I did a half ass version of the small norcal mod so it wouldn't rub in daily driving

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well considering the 5" RC lift now to run the deep wheel. I know its a dumb question but is this just dumb to do on a daily driver I'm putting so many miles on? Averaging 13 mpg right now and not looking for that to drop much. I have 285/65r18 trail grapplers now so I didn't figure the new set up would kill me too bad? With just 33s I thought I could get away without regearing as well. Thank again for your patience and advice

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.