GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looks like if I want the Hostile Atomics I'll have to go 20x12 since 22x12 are on national backorder 4 to 8 weeks. Not sure I want to wait into late April. I'm thinking I would have a better ride with 20's anyhow.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
20x12 Atomics will be sweet. Can you do me a favor and post a pic of your clearance at the heel of the fender at full lock? Fo you think you’ll clear the x12 with 4.5” of lift?

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
20x12 Atomics will be sweet. Can you do me a favor and post a pic of your clearance at the heel of the fender at full lock? Fo you think you’ll clear the x12 with 4.5” of lift?
Are you talking now or after I get the 12's ? I should be close on clearing them, the CST Coil overs gave me pretty close to 5" up front. I can crank the struts up another inch if I have to, but then I would have to get the rear up another inch also. I also have my liners zip tied back still from when I was just leveled.

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
FWIW, my old x12s did not run the liners at full lock unless I hit a small bump in reverse. That was with no zip tie and no cutting.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Are you talking now or after I get the 12's ? I should be close on clearing them, the CST Coil overs gave me pretty close to 5" up front. I can crank the struts up another inch if I have to, but then I would have to get the rear up another inch also. I also have my liners zip tied back still from when I was just leveled.
I’m curious to see both actually.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I’m curious to see both actually.
Right now I have my stock LTZ 20" wheels on the truck with 305/55/20 Ridge Grapplers, so I have a lot of clearance. I do rub the sway bar on full lock due to the +27 offset on the stock wheels.
With the 20x10's and those same tires, I had plenty of clearance also.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts