GMC Truck Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got the 14 bolt Full Floater under the truck now, only issue is the parking brake cable, its too short, oh well. but I have another question, Since its bigger brakes, the rear locks up really easily and I have hardly no front brakes because I can't apply enough pressure before the backs lock up and it goes into ABS mode. I have heard that a duramax mastercylinder will bolt up to the truck and work fine because of the internal prop. valve, would that fix my problems, or do I need to add a prop. valve at the rear of the truck.

TIA
Josh

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
2500 hd with a gas engine master cylinder. duramax has a 11.5 inch full floater and shit is different. you need a gas truck one. i think i have a parking brake cable left over that will work. ill look when i get home

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2500 hd with a gas engine master cylinder. duramax has a 11.5 inch full floater and shit is different. you need a gas truck one. i think i have a parking brake cable left over that will work. ill look when i get home
You sure on that one? I dont wanna go buy one and it not work.

As for the parking cables, I need one for driver and pass. side.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
ask drew... he was having some problems with his brakes... I know he tryed a few master cylinders

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know who your talking about, but I can't remember his User name.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
cajun4x4

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
6.0's have Hydro Boost, you have Vaccum bost. No workie! Drew has a master cylinder from a 99 OBS 2wd 3500 that has 10 lugs. Also drew has Disc brakes in the rear. You also will need a proportioning valve to adjust brake pressures.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Could be. Wait until drew can see this.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Your stock prop valve is in the ABS unit.

You need to eliminate that and install either a factory prop valve from a larger truck or an adjustable unit from Summit or a Wilwood distributor.

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your stock prop valve is in the ABS unit.

You need to eliminate that and install either a factory prop valve from a larger truck or an adjustable unit from Summit or a Wilwood distributor.
So, is that easy to do?

And since I got the axle out of a 2500, would that one work?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
:popcorn: subscribed

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
sorry dude i forgot your obs. my knowledge is useless. sorry. i have parking brake cables off of an 03 2500 hd ex cab short bed 2wd

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
So you swapped in the axles without reading anyones SAS threads about OBS 14FF swaps? Now go read drew's thread and Kyle's thread. YOu will gain knowlegd tremendously. All of your answers are in there. I would have to look for it same as you, But i am pointing you on the right direction, but not spoon feeding you.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
So you swapped in the axles without reading anyones SAS threads about OBS 14FF swaps? Now go read drew's thread and Kyle's thread. YOu will gain knowlegd tremendously. All of your answers are in there. I would have to look for it same as you, But i am pointing you on the right direction, but not spoon feeding you.
with the little overall knowledge going on, its a surprise the the OP got the rear end in the truck at all...its not that hard and what you need is everywhere if you search a little.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.