GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had the dreaded "gov-bomb" in the 10 bolt and it was letting me know it wasn't going to be too long until it blew.

Swapped in a 14 bolt semi-float this week-end, and thanks to all the info on the board, I had all the parts I needed and it went off with out a hitch.

·
dunemashingismyspieclty
753 Posts
congrats on the swap,since you did it and it was easy,can you give us some info about whats needed to do the swap(parts wize), how to convert i from an 8 log to a 6 log AND if i wanted to do disc brakes what should i do

i found a 2008 crew cab 2500hd in a junk yard and i think i might buy somthing from it

the rear 14 bolt axle would cost 1400 and i have to give them the 10 bolt (must be working)

thanx in advance

·
greyZ71
980 Posts
congrats on the swap,since you did it and it was easy,can you give us some info about whats needed to do the swap(parts wize), how to convert i from an 8 log to a 6 log AND if i wanted to do disc brakes what should i do

i found a 2008 crew cab 2500hd in a junk yard and i think i might buy somthing from it

the rear 14 bolt axle would cost 1400 and i have to give them the 10 bolt (must be working)

thanx in advance
$1400 is a bit high for a 14sf axle :imo

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

thanx in advance
I got a 14bolt sf from a 1992 2500 with 6bolt wheel pattern. It physically bolts into place in my 1997 Tahoe with the exception of the rear sway bar. Used a precision 447 conversion u-joint, bled the brakes and was ready to go.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts

thanx in advance
This is covered in the stickies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts