GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
all in balls out
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys hoping to get some help here, i know it gets talked about a good bit and the search turned up alot of usefull info but im looking for EXACTLY what i need to cut, move, buy, build, or modify for my specific aplication and i apreciate any input. i've been through 5 ten bolts and cant justify doing it again so what im looking at is....

a 14 bolt six lug semi float out of an OBS 4x4 with the same ratio as my front diff and drum brakes.

what i have is....

a 2005 silverado ecsb 1500 4x4 drum brakes.

again any help is apreciated and if you need more info on the axle or the truck let me know. BTW im paying 550 for the axle, does that seem high or about right?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
AN OBS 14SF WILL NOT BOLT TO A NBS.

find one out of a nbs vmax. or else you will have to move things around

·
all in balls out
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am by no means worried about cutting welding or modifying, i just want a heads up what exactly needs to be done. i know a few things but rather than say what i've heard and have people agree i want to hear from people who have done it and know.

·
all in balls out
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what exactly is the link for:shrug: im under the assumption i just need to relocate the spring perches, shock mounts and get a u-joint

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
You missed the part where he said he wanted to keep drum brakes huh?
i was refering to new shock mounts and spring perches.
that company makes all the mounts, you could move the ones u had, but i would buy new ones. not cut some off and reweld them

·
all in balls out
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone have the info im looking for?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
your going to have to move perches and shock mounts....
there is a link for new ones if u want to buy them
if you have 35's like ur sig says, then throw a locker in it.

·
all in balls out
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for now the internals are staying, even the shitty ratio im running due to funds. so am i correct in my thoughts? move spring perches (in our out?) relocate shock mounts, and get a conversion u- joint(part #?)

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
for now the internals are staying, even the shitty ratio im running due to funds. so am i correct in my thoughts? move spring perches (in our out?) relocate shock mounts, and get a conversion u- joint(part #?)
You will need to relocate the perches to 49" center to center. You will need a precision #447 U-joint. That is about it. For more detailed info, search my posts for "OBS 14SF into a NBS".

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
listen to everything axis says. he knows what he's doing

·
all in balls out
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the input. it's pretty much what i expected just wanted to confirm

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
from what ive read the shock mounts are fine. you only have to move perches. correct??

·
all in balls out
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im not sure thats why i posted up

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i'm doin the same. 14 bolt swap. so this thread benifits both us. why on earth do you wanna stick with drums in the rear?

·
all in balls out
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its all good, i just find them simpler and less expensive sine i already have em. hopefully i've got the info i need

1 - 20 of 32 Posts