:hmm: Full width.
Picture042.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture044-1.jpg

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
ive seen it before but arent the power wagons 14 bolt fronts?

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
ive seen it before but arent the power wagons 14 bolt fronts?
uhhhh....... Kiiiiinda... no. They do have 14 bolts holding the ring gear to the carrier, and cover to the diff, but thats where the similarities end.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
uhhhh....... Kiiiiinda... no. They do have 14 bolts holding the ring gear to the carrier, and cover to the diff, but thats where the similarities end.
hey thats why it was a question

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Well...

The AAM9.25 solid axle under all 3rd gen Dodge 4x4 HD's uses the same carrier as the 9.25" IFS housing AND the 9.25 14SF.

So technically Power Wagon's do have a 14 bolt under the front end, just not a 14FF.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Well...

The AAM9.25 solid axle under all 3rd gen Dodge 4x4 HD's uses the same carrier as the 9.25" IFS housing AND the 9.25 14SF.

So technically Power Wagon's do have a 14 bolt under the front end, just not a 14FF.
I thought about that at 1st.... but why is the 14sf referred to as the 9.5? :think:

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
hey thats why it was a question
Oh i wasn't meaning it as abrasive... I just couldn't decide how to word it. :shake:

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
The rear end uses standard cut gears and the front end uses reverse cut gears. I'd guess they made the rear gears slightly larger for the more demanding use.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I thought about that at 1st.... but why is the 14sf referred to as the 9.5? :think:
I'm pretty sure it's because the ring gear is 9.5" in diameter. I could be wrong.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Well...

I'm pretty sure it's because the ring gear is 9.5" in diameter. I could be wrong.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
He said the same carrier. The ring gear is still 9.5" across in the rear applications.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Interesting. Learn something new evety day. I know you can use the 9.25 IFS gears in the AAM (not visa-versa), but can one use the rear 9.5 gears in either the IFS or the AAM?

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Interesting. Learn something new evety day. I know you can use the 9.25 IFS gears in the AAM (not visa-versa), but can one use the rear 9.5 gears in either the IFS or the AAM?
Since the low pinion gears cant fit into a high pinion housing, no. Just like a Chevrolet D60 and a HP Ford 60, the carriers are interchangeable (IIRC) but the gears arent.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts