GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the fill hole for the semi float 14 bolt on the right hand side??
I alsp was thinking of pulling the cover off just to check everything since i just got it back from getting new gears and since last time it fucked up , I thought i would like to check, Good idea??

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
Is the fill hole for the semi float 14 bolt on the right hand side??
I alsp was thinking of pulling the cover off just to check everything since i just got it back from getting new gears and since last time it fucked up , I thought i would like to check, Good idea??
How many miles do you have on the new gears?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Just look for a plug in the casting that has a 3/8 square hole. Stick a 3/8" socket extension in it and check the oil level.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
Little over 500
If you've got a little over 500 miles on the new gears it's time to change the fluid. You can check your ring & pinion at that time. Don't forget to use a good quality diff fluid like Amsoil Severe Gear.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
If you've got a little over 500 miles on the new gears it's time to change the fluid. You can check your ring & pinion at that time. Don't forget to use a ggod quality diff fluid like Amsoil Severe Gear.
Or any NAME BRAND gear oil. OP, I am in a good mood so I won't flame you for a question that can be answered by simply looking under your truck.:ninja:

The fill plug is on the passenger side and used a 3/8" drive rachet like maXXis said. Use a 3" extension to make removal and installation a little easier. DO NOT overtighten the plug.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or any NAME BRAND gear oil. OP, I am in a good mood so I won't flame you for a question that can be answered by simply looking under your truck.:ninja:

The fill plug is on the passenger side and used a 3/8" drive rachet like maXXis said. Use a 3" extension to make removal and installation a little easier. DO NOT overtighten the plug.
I had allready crawled under my truck and found it. i was wanting to double check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts