GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to go and get some cut outs for my my truck but i dont know where to put them and I looked under my truck for about 20min and cant figure out where i wantto stick them any sugestions or pics thaks

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep all stock but a slowmaster muffler

IMG_0164.gif

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
If you put them under the cab they're going to drone like Hell; that's where my cutouts are but its the only place I could fit them in because of the way my duals are routed. Looks like you have enough room to put them in front of the muffler though.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you put them under the cab they're going to drone like Hell; that's where my cutouts are but its the only place I could fit them in because of the way my duals are routed. Looks like you have enough room to put them in front of the muffler though.
i was thinking that but i dont want to rip them off

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
Muffler != catback.

What do you mean by rip them off?

-bZj

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
The farther forward you put them, the less restriction you will have when they are open. I would put them as far forward as you can. As for the drone, duh. Open exhaust = drone. Just close them when you don't need them and you won't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
the "proper" way to do it, especially with headers anyway, is to see where the heat stops (ex, paint like a 1/4" line across your pipes, where it stops burning off is where you want your cutout.

You definately want them in front of the muffler, i'l say if you only have one, chop before the y-pipe before the pipe sizes down to the smaller size.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts