GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the 130psi (that actually only did 125psi) out and put in the 150psi (which actually does 160psi) in ... before I could only get 125 psi in my front bags, I put 145psi in them today ... we measured the difference between aired up and layed out and it looks like I'm getting about 7inches of travel in the front, does that sound about right for a CoolRide? I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
sounds about right... i get about that much lift off my setup. If u ditched the shocks, u'd get more lift... but it would ride like poo, and u'd have to drive the truck on the ground to get it to ride decently

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a picture with the front end at 140psi, plenty of clearance (the front is higher than the back) and when I get the back done I should be able to get over anything. Also did a video with my digital camera, it's crap but it works video (remember I have small lines and valves, so it doesn't go down too quick, which is fine for my tastes)

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
That is a cool "all the way up" photo. Looks like you can get back up to a 2" front drop from stock, which should let you go just about anywhere :waytogo:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
what size valves are thoose? 1/4? I guess it beats slamming ur truck on the ground when u sit on ur switch box :pissed:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2k1slvrdo said:
what size valves are thoose? 1/4? I guess it beats slamming ur truck on the ground when u sit on ur switch box :pissed:
Yeah, 1/4 lines and the Ride Pro valves ... what I "could" do later is, I'm bagging my 1955 Chevy Truck, and I could move those valves to it and get some bigger ones for my silverado later. Anyone know what the orifice size on the Firestones bags are and what size air line I could go up to? 3/8 I'm guessing.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Y2KSierra said:
That is a cool "all the way up" photo. Looks like you can get back up to a 2" front drop from stock, which should let you go just about anywhere :waytogo:
And with a KP Cantilever rear and the back all the way up I should defiantely have no worries :evillol:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
go with 1/2... thats pretty much the standard valve most shops around here are using now... I've seen Dual 1 inch inlet valves mounted on the bags, now that bisch was fast...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2k1slvrdo said:
go with 1/2... thats pretty much the standard valve most shops around here are using now... I've seen Dual 1 inch inlet valves mounted on the bags, now that bisch was fast...
will it make a difference that my bags aren't 1/2 orifices? I know you can use reducers from the line to the bag, but I don't know it that woudl be defeating the purpose. This would be a while off, I have to do the rear setup first for sure.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
bcubed said:
will it make a difference that my bags aren't 1/2 orifices? I know you can use reducers from the line to the bag, but I don't know it that woudl be defeating the purpose. This would be a while off, I have to do the rear setup first for sure.
nope... i know lots of guys that run 1/2 valves on 3/8inch ported bags.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chevyman992002 said:
im running 3/8 valves and all 4 of my 'bags have 1/4" ports.
Is that whats on the Firestones? Must be what I have too .... I might be ordering my 4 link and Cantilever sooner than I thought, but not putting it on yet .. I know I want be able to install it till after the end of this month as my weekends will be full. Also I need to get the rest of my air ride stuff in before I start ... I was wondering how 2 Thomas 327 compressors would do filling 3 3gallon tanks. I already have one, and was already going to add one more, but 3 would be nice too :anitoof:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
way2hi said:
I'm fixing to sell both of my Thomas 327's when I get the engine driven compressor in.
I might be interested in them when you do, just let me know when you get that far along. I might have to look into a battery upgrad e.. I'm still running my original stocker now .. what's best, a Optima Red Top?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts