GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some have run 16.5" wheels in the past and wondering if anyone currently is. There seems to be a fair share of them for sale in this area. (maybe for good reason) Just wondered if the only tire options for them are the military take offs, or if there are other tire options? feel free to post up pics of your trucks if you have 16.5" wheels. Its just an idea right now for the smaller wheel more tire old school look.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
I know some have run 16.5" wheels in the past and wondering if anyone currently is. There seems to be a fair share of them for sale in this area. (maybe for good reason) Just wondered if the only tire options for them are the military take offs, or if there are other tire options? feel free to post up pics of your trucks if you have 16.5" wheels. Its just an idea right now for the smaller wheel more tire old school look.
Super swampers and those military take offs are all that I'm aware of. I know a few guys with two wheel setups. I'm sure if they see this they'll post up.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Not many tire companies make 16.5s any more as you prob seen. There are a few tho, take a look at 4 wheel parts or national tire and go thru the size you want to run. I have run 16.5s for a while, id like bigger wheels but i am happy with what i have for the time being. All 3 sets i recently ran are 37-12.50-16.5. 1st pic are the bfgoodrich military baja t/a on american racing 16.5 x 8.25 steel chrome wheels. The next two sets are on 16.5 x 10 weld cheyennes. The 2nd set are the military wrangler 0z which is super popular and plentiful. They wear like iron but arent the best looking. Only changed these when i found mtr's cheap, which are the newest pic. The military goodyear wrangler mtr, 3rd pic are the nicest so far. All of these on my truck are load range e, they do sell them in d. I prefer load range e for towing my car trailer. I also have the old school hurricanes with ssr's on them and a set of 16.5x10 black wagons with boggers on them. For someone who doesnt mind the small wheel and doesnt mind an occasional used tire the 16.5s are just fine. The military tires are easy to get, not badly priced and the newest mtr is a really nice tire...all tho are a bitch to balance. So far the balancing bags have worked for me the best unless you have a shop with a hunter roadforce machine.

wheels1.jpg

Resampled_2012-09-06_17-42-47_105.jpg

ResizedImage_1398209527984_zpsa4a848b6.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts