GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
'03 Silvy
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here put a 160 deg thermostat in their '03 or newer? If so, do you need to have a programmer, or can this be done to a basically stock engine? Also, will the hyperteck 1014 thermostat work? I've checked out a couple of different websites selling them, one site only sells the 180 degree thermostat for the '03, and the other two websites conflict on what years the thermostat is for. One site says that the thermostat will work in a 99+ silverado, while the other site says it is for a 97-99 silvy. :insane:
Thanks in advance!

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i cant tell you about the part numbers.. but i do know you can put in the thermostat with out needing to program it...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
BIG Newton82 said:
Anyone here put a 160 deg thermostat in their '03 or newer? If so, do you need to have a programmer, or can this be done to a basically stock engine? Also, will the hyperteck 1014 thermostat work? I've checked out a couple of different websites selling them, one site only sells the 180 degree thermostat for the '03, and the other two websites conflict on what years the thermostat is for. One site says that the thermostat will work in a 99+ silverado, while the other site says it is for a 97-99 silvy. :insane:
Thanks in advance!

You're fine with a 160° thermo and stock tune. The vehicle goes into closed loop way before. Hell, I ran a 160° thermo and a 3/4 ton radiator (6" more core) for a long time before I got a tune. :read:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts