GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get a Nelson Tune soon so I thought I should get a new thermostat to go along with it. My question is which one should I get? What are the pros and cons of each one?

·
Registered
254 Posts
zubyc said:
I'm going to get a Nelson Tune soon so I thought I should get a new thermostat to go along with it. My question is which one should I get? What are the pros and cons of each one?
I always see the advertised temp rating actually run 10-15 degs hotter in the real world. If you don't live way up north, where it's freezing all the time, go for the 160.

thanks,

allen

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it makes my truck run cooler or tricks it into thinking it's running cooler?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
160 is too cold for Northern climates where you will need heat in the winter...but you should be ok in Cali...

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it dips below freezing in the winter sometimes so I don't want problems then.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Well I have no personal experience with a 160 degree one...but mainly because everyone I talk to says you virtually have no heat in the winter time...and even though I live in Texas...I'm far enough North (DFW area) to make driving around here very unpleasant for a few months...though I wouldn't have minded having one today...we got up to 80 :anitoof:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Go with a 180 then, that should keep you warm enough,

it actually makes your truck run cooler and a cooler truck compliments a tune.

thanks,

allen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts