GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dropping my truck (00 GMC Ex-Cab) 3/4 - I am looking for a reasonably priced 17" 5 spoke wheel, Any suggestions? Width, backspace, brand, ect.

Thank foe the replys.

LK

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
It will be hard to find a 5 spoke wheel in a 6 lug pattern. Intro has the "rockman" wheel that is a 5 spoke with a 6 lug bolt pattern. Really for 17's i think your best bet would be some yukon denali wheels. they have the correct backspacing to work in a lowered application. Just don't use the stock yukon tires or it'll be a rubfest :)

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Werd to what Steve said. The 212's are a 5 lug only wheel. Gettin a 6 lug 5 spoke wheel that will tuck might be a little hard to come by. Id get some Danali wheels if I were you. I know we have sold sets of Danali wheels at work for $250, so you can usually find good deals if you look.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
It will be hard to find a 5 spoke wheel in a 6 lug pattern. Intro has the "rockman" wheel that is a 5 spoke with a 6 lug bolt pattern. Really for 17's i think your best bet would be some yukon denali wheels. they have the correct backspacing to work in a lowered application. Just don't use the stock yukon tires or it'll be a rubfest :)
werd... i pretty much wanted a 5 spoke rim. My old 20s were 5 spoke, IMO its really only thing that looks good to me. I love my rockmans :rocking: But 17inch intro's would be a waste... i think the new tahoe has 5 spoke rims too.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I used to have 17" Eagle Alloy 212's on mine (yes they do make them in 6 lug) I didn't care for the quality at all.

ahh yes, back in the day...

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
way2hi said:
I used to have 17" Eagle Alloy 212's on mine (yes they do make them in 6 lug) I didn't care for the quality at all.

ahh yes, back in the day...
What kind of flaws did they have??? They are pretty slick looking wheels, if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
They weren't polished for shit, had to polish them all the time. The guy I bought the truck from didn't clean them very well and they had permanent water spots on them. I'll never buy another set of polished wheels from Eagle Alloy. My friend also bought a set of 17" Eagles a while back and had the same problems, but not as bad as I did.

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
Damn, that is not good quality. :nono:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts