GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever run any other caps on these stock 17" Chevy wheels??? Like a smooth cap or GMC cap???

Thought about running these on the wifes 05' Yukon, but curious if any other caps out there would work/fit?

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
as long as its a cap that holds on to the lugs and is the same size it should work

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know.

I tried our 05' Yukons stock caps on there and they might work with some trimming on the back.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
i really like those chevy five stars...... I wondered the same thing about the caps when I ran them on my Sierra. I could not find a cap so I ran the Chevy ones. Check LMC Truck - I think they have a generic cap with the plastic screws that will attatch. If you go that route, you'll need to change the 24 lug nuts to the ones with the outer treaded edges to accept the plastic lugs.

Mr. 960

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Best looking OEM wheels that came with the nbs IMO. NNBS rims look awesome, but cost too much.

·
GMC Owner
1,534 Posts
My old escalade caps fit on mine, but they were chrome. A polished set would look ok.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have any pics of the esky caps on them?

Smooth, polished esky caps would probably look good.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have 17" esky rims that I am planning on using them for my winter wheels, they didn't come with center caps but i was thinking of using the caps on the work trucks, similar to the caps on the nbs hd's, just to give them a different look. I would look on ebay for some blank brushed escalade ones though if thats the look you want....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts