GMC Truck Forum banner

17x8.5 or 17x 10??

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Josh 
#1 ·
ive been looking at the weld renegades in 17". the kit im gonna run is made for an 8" wheel. im pretty well set on running the 35/12.50/17 STS tires. i really like the 8.5" wheel better because it doesnt have those gayass fake rivets and writing on the outer ring. but im afraid the STS wont look right on the 8.5 wheel. if i go with the 10" wheel, i might have to use a body lift. that and the 10" wheel will cause more strain on my little 2wd suspension. i need help!

#2 ·
I honestly don't see why it wouldn't look good on the 8.5". i know on 15" and 16" rims, 35x12.50s look good on rims that are 8" wide...JMO tho...

#5 ·
I dont think you will clear the 35's on 10's with just the fabtech. Not saying it cant be done but I doubt it would fit without some good hacking of some metal.

Its a damn hard decision but I say go with the body lift and 36-14.50 sts on 10's LOL If you are going to make it close might as well go big or go home. I think I have enough room in the rear of my front fenders to run them and rub very little, but I would have to hack on that low hanging gmc bumper for the front of the fender well. And if you are going to run ranchhands might as well run the 14.50 cause you know it will look sweet...

#11 ·
I cant remember for sure or not but I believe these are 8 inch wheels w/35s and 17s it belongs to a friend of mine but I havent talked to him in a year or so since he moved up close to houston I think 35s on 17x8s will look good on your truck :read:

#16 ·
Aberbaseball7 said:
Would that be in the creepy crawler? Or the Buckshot mudder? The creepy crawler looks like it would be a good all around tire and different... :bowtie:
Yeah, I just checked and it is the creepy crawler. Good looking tire, something similar to a mud terrain. The pricing is not out yet, and its a bias tire, not a radial. It would be nice if there was a 37 14.50 radial, I might have to go w/ the bias creepy crawlers

#18 ·
lowred said:
im about 90% sure that im getting the 35x12.50 STS on 17x10 renegades.
:head: That will look good IMO.
8" wheels look good, but I personally like the look of 10's alot better.
Maby a little trim and I think you will be happy :bowtie:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.