GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finalllyyy finished up the box tonight! i still only have a 500wrms alpine amp but we hooked it up in my friends truck to his hifonics and this thing is ridiculous! and i also decided tonight that i will be ordering a second one of these beasts!

anyways on to pics

next to a 15" L7

at james' house after putting a second layer of mdf next to his two 15's.

too dark now to take pics of it in the box. ill take some tomorrow with a better camera

·
Armed NRA member.
550 Posts
Congrats on a solid Sub. Are those 2 old school eclipse 15's next to the alpha? also, what amp were you planning on running??

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,779 Posts
Guess I dont get why you need a sub that big. I have two 10" L5s and its more than I would ever need. Its not like I want to annoy everyone outside of my truck

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much power does that put out? How big is the box?
not sure what exactly your asking about, but the amp im using in the video is some alpine MP350 IIRC puts out about 400-500rms.. the sub can handle about 1500-2500rms. the new RD 1750.1 can do about 2000rms.

Guess I dont get why you need a sub that big. I have two 10" L5s and its more than I would ever need. Its not like I want to annoy everyone outside of my truck
lol i had a single 15" L5 and it was loud but im pretty deaf and it wasnt loud anymore. its not that i wanna piss people off but i like a shit load of bass. :shrug: anyways i got the 1750.1 hooked up and its just insane. hopefully ill get a vid of it sometime soon

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
im about to get rid of my 18 lol..way to loud..im pushin 2700 watts lol..i enjoy the deep ass bass, but i hardly have it turned up anymore..a nice 12 SQ sub pushin 2k watts would do fine for me, then ill have money to put into speakers and such

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats a fucking beast. i have my tassle thing on my mirror too :jester:
:high5: haha yeah so do a lot of my friends. figured why not. better than some frat daddy coastas or some country club visor. wayyy too over played in the tahoe populous.

and heres a couple more teaser pics for ya. ill get of vid of the 1750.1 later. would be a horrible idea to blast this thing at 11 at night haha

1.5" of mdf :)

some threaded rod goodness

the beast out of its cage today while i got the 8gauge speaker wire hooked up

nice bit of 1/0 gauge

and the 1750.1 next to the old alpine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.