GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright , in december im getting a new truck , i wanna go BIG, but im cheap and wont really have a lot to spend. I wanna get like an 01 or and 02 2500HD and get the truckin 18" lift. I dont care to offroad it or anything i just want it for looks. for the money and the looks is it worth it? also what size tire could i run with just the 18 or with a 3" BL? thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
cody said:
Alright , in december im getting a new truck , i wanna go BIG, but im cheap and wont really have a lot to spend. I wanna get like an 01 or and 02 2500HD and get the truckin 18" lift. I dont care to offroad it or anything i just want it for looks. for the money and the looks is it worth it? also what size tire could i run with just the 18 or with a 3" BL? thanks

You're silly. :pshyco:

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
yeah dude...thats retarded big if that's your DD
what i'm at right now is probably too big. I say no bigger than a 12" with a 3" body and thats going to be huge.

well wait...i just read your post again. If you don't have alot of money to spend go alot smaller than that. You will end up half-assing it and will pay for it 10x over in the end.

if you want to go that big do it right and go sfa :head:

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
truckin, aim, justairbags, etc do not make good quality products. i would never buy from them, especially an 18" IFS lift. if i were you, i would get a 6" susp. lift and a 3" body. you'll be pretty big with that and the added couple of inches from the HD frame. you'll also be able to fit some nice sized tires under there while still remaining somewhat practical.

·
Bigger than you!
196 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Those two statements shouldn't go hand in hand. Buying a Truckin' suspension kit is ruining your truck in my book. :read:
:word: :word:

·
2,451 Posts
LIke every body has said before truckin suspebnsion is garbage. WHy not look into a cognito 3rdcoast, or fullthrottle lift? You could get the whiplash xtreme kit, Some people are happy on this site with their whiplashes, but i they seem to have a bad reputation.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
there is a member here with a truckin lift and i think he only uses it for shows. i see nothing wrong with that besides its the love child of a twisted and full throttle which doesn't look all that great.

do no skimp on anything that you will need....IMO, thats the best advice you can get out of this

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
how cheap is cheap? and 18" is a tad bit to high for a daily driver. im gonna go with the 10" cognito kit, which i have been told by sevenfold is around 2800$ which isnt that bad for how strong it is. IMO the 10" im gonna get might even be too high for daily driven...but since gas it outta control and i usually drive my honda it just might be ok to have a truck that big heh.

·
this
1,584 Posts
why would you want to drive a truck with 18 inches of lift for a daily driver? ..do you plan on going with 49's?
Even if you gear the hell out of that thing it is still goign to put alot of strain on your drivetrain,steering, and even your frame.
Not to mention im sure it is going to kill your gas mileage!!
Just do everyone a favor and make sure it is lifted right and braced properly so it doesnt kill anyone else when it falls over on them.

lift'n a dd that high = :nono:
lift'n a bog truck or show truck that high = :pimp:

·
this
1,584 Posts
ok, then hell..go for it. :rockon:
Just make sure how ever high you lift it if it is still going to be driven on the highway, make sure it is done right/safe.
of course that applies to pretty much any mod..

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Dont go with Truckin Susp. Ive said it once and ill say it again, that stuff is made out of recycled coke cans. And anything more than about 12 is really getting high for a DD. Whatever you do, think it through first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts