GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got my clear corners in...I've been contemplating on replacing my amber turn signals with some SilverStar Signal Lighting (you know the ones that look clear, but when lit they are really amber). My question is does anyone make those 194 side marker lights in a clear form when unlit and amber when lit (same concept as the SilverStar Signals). I checked Sylvania's website and I didn't find any SilverStars in that size...anywhere else I can pick these up (if they exsist)?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
atomoverride said:
I got some xenon 194 bulbs they rock....but they are blueish.
Hmm...I thought about going with the all white/clear look...my buddy's tahoe is decked out that way...no amber whatsoever, but I'm always worried about Johnny Law...don't need a ticket.

I just got to thinking...I saw some LED 194 bulbs in amber...but I'm worried about two things when I go with LEDs. One: Am I going to need a heavy duty flasher since I'm messing with the turn signals or does it not matter with the side marker lights? And two: I never did like the small spread of an LED bulb, but since it is just a side marker will it make much of a difference?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
from what i understand... hyper white lights are legal. Lights that are really blue, green, red (basically anything but amber and white) are illegal. The officer showed me his lil book of shit vechile codes.

I personally don't like to run hyper whites b/c they don't light up anything for shit.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sevenfold said:
Those light up blue and aren't street legal.

Stealth auto makes silver lights that light up orange, but they want $30 for 2 bulbs :suicide:
Shit....those are what I basically wanted:

But thirty bucks for two small little bulbs?! WTF?! :flame: Rip off...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I have the super white turn sigs in mine. They have a bluish tint to them but light up white.

·
Registered
639 Posts
yeah all my lights are xenon, they look blue but light up hella white. The only bulb that I couldnt find was the one for my dome light, and the ones for my under the mirror bulbs.....

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Badassilverado said:
In Texas turn signals can be any tint/shade from white (clear) to amber. No blue though.
Really? No wonder my buddy hasn't gotten any beef from the cops then...this is a possibility then...thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts