GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 87 suburban that while it was running and I was doing a pre-trip inspection on it I turned on the turn signal and lost all powe including lights and the sub died. Nothing happens when I turn the key and the dome lights don't even work. I've heard it might the the ignition switch in the column. Would appreciate any other ideas someone might have. This is my baby so I want to get it back to screaming down the road.

PS. it's a manual and has less than 70000 miles since it was driven off the lot in 87.

Pic.

·
Sexually identifies as a shopping cart.
4,254 Posts
Power branches off from several locations, check fuses first, then look around under the dash for any arced or melted wiring.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also checked fuses and for burnt wires. I'm just not finding anything. The bat, starter, alt, cables are all new as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Large red wire on firewall in engine compartment...check for breakage. Had a similar issue I chased for a while and ended up being that large red wire.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Large red wire on firewall in engine compartment...check for breakage. Had a similar issue I chased for a while and ended up being that large red wire.
All the fusible links at the starter were corroded. Thanks for the hint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts