GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1990 k1500 the torsions are cranks and did have good alignment, it started pulling after i ran swampers on it then it did the same with my other tires on it i jacked it up and spun my front wheels my drivers side spins my passengers doesnt want to. i got under it and the axle shaft from the differential that connects to cv is pulled out about a quarter inch and wobbles. what caused it and what do i do to fix it also can i drive it

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Have you wiggled the wheel and 12 and 6? The main problem you have sounds like a hub.. Don't know about the CV

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
Have you wiggled the wheel and 12 and 6? The main problem you have sounds like a hub.. Don't know about the CV
sounds like the hub/wheelbearing assembly. that would be the only reason why they shaft got pulled out some.

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
Even if a hub is loose it takes a lot of movement to pull an axle out. Most of the times the joints will flex before the c clip is pulled out.

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
Take a picture of this axle

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
Even if a hub is loose it takes a lot of movement to pull an axle out. Most of the times the joints will flex before the c clip is pulled out.
X2. Never seen a loose wheel bearing pull out a cv axle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
one problem is if u have the torsions cranked your cv axles are on a major angle which wears down many of things like ball joints ty rods and the hub bearing could be one thing i have a 90 chevy also and its all fine i have turned the torsion about 2 whole turns and everything is fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts