GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Im a new member to the forum. I also have a no heat issue. Here is what I have checked. System has ac. Replaced the ticking recirc actuator which obviously did not fix problem. Removed temp actuator...opened cover all gears looks fine, hooked up power and worked cold/heat control....motor turns. Have replaced thermostat. No worky. All other controls work fine goes from defrost to floor and blend fine. Inlet hose from manifold to heater core is warm, output hose to upper connector of radiator is warm, also with radiator cap off I can stick my finger in radiator and feel warm/hot water returning.....seems like heater core is fine. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Also disconnected battery,,,no help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a 01 s10 with the same problem. Take both hoses off your heater core and attach a hose to both sides and plug off one of the hoses. Pour a bottle of radiator flush in the heater core and let it sit for a hour or so. (the longer the better) Unplug the plugged hose and attach a garden hose to the opposite side of the core and flush water thru it. Then swap hoses and flush it the opposite direction. You could have a clog. I had to do this at least 3-4 times in the winter. I should have replaced the heater core but I was usually too busy working on everyone elses cars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts