GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New to the forum and wanted to share my truck and what I have planned for it. Also looking for some advice along the way because this is the first time I'm going up with a truck.

So it's a 1992 gmc sierra 1500 extended cab 4x4 with a 5.7lt v8 manual 5 speed. Haven't done anything to it yet besides a 2" body lift and put my 20" rims on that are off my 2012 gmc. Along with a new clutch, oil change rear axel seals and fluid flushes.

Things I have planned and need some help with picking a 4" suspension lift and some 35x12.50. It's more of a work truck and toy hauler so some tires that are quiet on the highway would be nice but also aggressive so I can go play in the mud lol. I have done some research and a little planning but still not sure what else I need and what problems I'm going to run into. I'm also trying to do this on a budget.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated :)

Attachments

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Looks clean! Love the 20's!. I'd ditch the chrome side cladding though. And revive those headlights/corner lights.

And for tires, I'd recommend something like a Toyo AT2, BFG All terrain, Cooper ST Maxx. Good highway with good offroad street truck capabilities

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! Not going to lie, kinda don't wanna remove the chrome on the side. Had one on the passenger side fall off due to rust. Have one of those feelings that all that chrome will peel the paint with it :(

As for the tires that's kind of what I had in mind so I know I'm on the right track. Just dunno if I should put tires on the 20s, my factory ones that came on this truck or buy new(ish) ones

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Keep the 20s and do some wheel spacers when you decide to go up.. should make it look good

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep the 20s and rubber when I lift it or put bigger tires on the 20s?

Also about those faded headlights, anyone ever hear about putting rigid lights in your headlights?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts