GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I have a 93 k1500 i have a problem with my heater control when the tempature is below 15 degress the heater control flashs and flashs then
shuts off if i put he truck in the garage and warm the cab up the control head works fine!!!! is there a temp relay or something im missing
thanks jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having similar problems with my 1990 C1500 5.7L. Except everything works fine , the heater fan works on all on all speeds .... until I use my turn signals or apply the brake pedal and activate the brake lights and then the heater controls start freaking out, flashing and then it will suddenly shut off. did you ever figure out what the issue was with your truck?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I'm having similar problems with my 1990 C1500 5.7L. Except everything works fine , the heater fan works on all on all speeds .... until I use my turn signals or apply the brake pedal and activate the brake lights and then the heater controls start freaking out, flashing and then it will suddenly shut off. did you ever figure out what the issue was with your truck?
That was 10 years ago so I doubt. But there is a big white plug under the steering column that constantly burns out.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Yeah, I noticed the question was a decade old after I replied. A big white plug you say eh? I will check it out. Thank you!
It runs the multi function switch, it’s bad for burning out. And dropping blinkers, high beams, and all that stuff. Some one most likely tapped into that circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts