GMC Truck Forum banner

1994 Cheyanne 4.3L V6 to late model LFX V6 swap?

165 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  davester
I ran through the search feature with no luck finding any info on this.
Had the idea of swapping in a late model V6 into a 1994 Cheyanne with the 4.3 V6. Has anyone on here done this? What would I expect to change and/or modify? I searched around the interwebs and couldn't find a kit for this type of swap either. Did I miss something, or is this swap so easy (or hard) no one is talking about it?

TIA.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
Probably not a lot of people swapping in a smaller engine in their truck, for starters. It looks like a lot of work, for not much upside other than a "look what i dun".

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Probably not a lot of people swapping in a smaller engine in their truck, for starters. It looks like a lot of work, for not much upside other than a "look what i dun".
The upside was more along the line of "OEM 300hp 3.3L" vs "OEM 100hp 4.3L", while keeping it a V6 (since that's the way it was born).
I know they make kits to drop the 3.3 drivetrain into Miatas, so 'stand alone' wiring and (if any) fuel delivery issues should be easy enough to make work in just about any vehicle from those kits. I was mainly curious as to, A: existing info on wiring diagrams for the trucks gauges as well as adapting the speedometer drive. B: an answer to the question of motor/trans mounts (will it drop right in, use crossover mounts, aftermarket mounts, or am I fabricating them myself?), and C: did anything unexpected pop up.
This truck is nothing more than a DD, not street demon a show piece, so not alot of people will be looking under the hood. Having said that, yes there is a little bit of "yea, I did that" to it. But since everyone/anyone can (and has) put an LS in anything/everything, what's so special about opening the hood to one of them and saying "Looky what I Dun"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts