Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I see, thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is a spool in the rear a big no no even with minimal street driving?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was wondering if all that pressure would break something? Like if I had to make a Sharp turn with 35" m/t tires. If not I'm considering a spool or Lincoln locker for cost, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
you can fit 35s with just some fender trim.... being that it already has a body lift you could prolly clear some 37s

here is 39.5s on just a 3" body lift

40swithjustbody.jpg
Man that truck looks cool with those tires stuffed on there. Thanks for all the input bubba.

What does it take to clear those with just the body lift? Would I have to trim a lot more than it already is? And what exactly needs to be trimmed? Are my 16x10s going to make it a lot harder?

If I'm going to change my gears (think I have 3.73s now, so I should be regearing even for the 35s right?) to 4.88s and get a Detroit locker in the rear, I might as well get the biggest tires I can fit. yeah I know, many of you don't like this style, sorry :imo

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
You cant fit 38's with a 6+3. I had a procomp on mine but a Cepek or other lift I think would be a better choice to fit larger tires. Mine fit but would rub if i was turning and really getting on the truck. Granted I had some really wide 38s on 12 inc wide rims which didn't help matters. My dad had 38's on his half ton but his rims were only 10 inches wide and his truck typically would rub less than mine..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Is there a way I could measure to see how big I could go?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man that truck looks cool with those tires stuffed on there. Thanks for all the input bubba.

What does it take to clear those with just the body lift? Would I have to trim a lot more than it already is? And what exactly needs to be trimmed? Are my 16x10s going to make it a lot harder?

If I'm going to change my gears (think I have 3.73s now, so I should be regearing even for the 35s right?) to 4.88s and get a Detroit locker in the rear, I might as well get the biggest tires I can fit. yeah I know, many of you don't like this style, sorry :imo
is that your truck? I know that year never had quad cab and was wondering what all was entailed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
UH NO, JUST WONDERED WHAT REAR CAB AND DOORS WERE FROM. AND JUST CAUSE YOU ASK A QUESTION DOESN'T MEAN SOMEONE DOES NOT HAVE THE SKILLS TO DO SOMETHING! TOOK SKLLS TO TURN FULL SIZE SHORT WHEELBASE PICKUP INTO A 30' CAR HAULER!

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,006 Posts
UH NO, JUST WONDERED WHAT REAR CAB AND DOORS WERE FROM. AND JUST CAUSE YOU ASK A QUESTION DOESN'T MEAN SOMEONE DOES NOT HAVE THE SKILLS TO DO SOMETHING! TOOK SKLLS TO TURN FULL SIZE SHORT WHEELBASE PICKUP INTO A 30' CAR HAULER!
Why are you yelling.

Gm made crew cabs cupcake. They just didn't make half ton crew cabs.

And I am sticking with you not having the skill.

·
Some dude on the internet
226 Posts
relax, guy. First, you bumped an 8 year old dead thread, then you got super defensive about the reply. Gotta have some thick skin in this place, lol.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
He lost me at "thanx"

21 - 35 of 35 Posts