GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would join in and post my truck as a work in progress. Bought the Truck Stock a few years back and decided to slowly bring it to a level that I like.

List of Mods i would like to do:
- Step Bars
- Black Halo Headlights (already have the black corners/turn units coming)
- Light Bar for the front
- Black Bumber
- New Paint Job

Here is the latest Pics i took a few weeks ago with the new set of 20" XD Hoss and Terra Grappler Tires:

Here is what it looked like with Chrome 18" Helo Rims on it, the wheels just didn't fill the gap like i wanted:

And After i bought it lifted it 3" Body lift and put some 33" Tires on 15x10:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Here is what it looked like with Chrome 18" Helo Rims on it, the wheels just didn't fill the gap like i wanted:

QUOTE]

new tires? it would look soo much meaner back on 18's with a set of 35's, maybe a 315/65/18? not bad though, im not a huge fan of 20's on a lifted truck unless the wheels are 38's. :imo

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sweet truck. I like how it is now on the 20's. Where did you get the black grill?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Before the pics completely loaded I thought "Great, another ******* modded truck" but after they are completely loaded, I think they look good. I would get 18s with 35s though.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
im really liking those 20s man. do you have a roll pan?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the Replys! Keep em coming! Ill get a rear end picture of the truck tomorrow and post it up.

Sweet truck. I like how it is now on the 20's. Where did you get the black grill?
Painted the Grill and the Grill Inserts. Buddy of mine owns paint shop so he painted the original chrome grill black.

very nice truck. a black front bumper would look awesome on it
Agreed, this is coming very soon.

Before the pics completely loaded I thought "Great, another ******* modded truck" but after they are completely loaded, I think they look good. I would get 18s with 35s though.
!!! I would of loved bigger tires, but i could not fit 35s on a 3" body lift. The 305x55r20 are equal to 33x12.50 and they will rub if i turn hard. I could cut some more the front end away and probably do 35s.

I would love to go with a 6" lift and if I do that then i will do 35s or 38s.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
IMO, only thing i am not digging is the hood i used to be all about the double scoop but i grew out of it. however, the all black looks good and those wheels are sweet, all these new companies are finally making some wheels i really like.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm digging it...A set of N-Fabs and black bumpers would make it that much better. See NebraskaZ71's ride for a red version of your truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IMO, only thing i am not digging is the hood i used to be all about the double scoop but i grew out of it. however, the all black looks good and those wheels are sweet, all these new companies are finally making some wheels i really like.
I like it alot better then the stock hood, but it also has some sentimental value, it was given to me by a friend that died racing 4 wheelers. He had a black single cab so it worked out perfectly. We swapped hoods a few weeks before he died. I did plan on making it fully functional ram air one day.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I like it alot better then the stock hood, but it also has some sentimental value, it was given to me by a friend that died racing 4 wheelers. He had a black single cab so it worked out perfectly. We swapped hoods a few weeks before he died. I did plan on making it fully functional ram air one day.
sorry to hear that, stick with it then, and fully functional=:rocking:

·
Send Money
344 Posts
I liked it better with the stock hood, but it still looks god man!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Posted up some new pics on first post, one of the rear of the truck as requested.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
-definitely go with black n-fabs as far as steps go, they'll help hide the frame.
-the 20's look alot better, the 18's were o.k and the 15's = :puke:
-you should get a black bull bar on the front bc well they look good and they're cheap.
-i like the blacked out theme your going with, nice truck :handshake:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts