GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys well my dad is about to trade in his 2004 Chevy silverado VHO its black with 70K on it and he owes 9k which is what i could buy it from him for, or should i just keep my 1996 rcsb silverado with 145k and do a 6.0 swap.
Thanks for your input
Tye

1) 04 VHO
2) 96 silverado

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its got a 6.0 already in it and its newer and doesnt have near as many squeaks and rattles like the old 96 does. The only thing wrong with it is that is black lol and that it needs a good buff and wax

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
its got a 6.0 already in it and its newer and doesnt have near as many squeaks and rattles like the old 96 does. The only thing wrong with it is that is black lol and that it needs a good buff and wax
sold. I would go with the newer one then. I buff and wax is not hard to do. Chris can hook up on how to get that bitch sparkling clean. but hey its up to you.

·
Lifted 2wd
389 Posts
Buy your dad's truck, sell yours for a little coin, and enjoy a newer truck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah the hard part is goin to be trying to sell my truck lol im hopin to get 6k but thats stupid of me lol

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
word get the newer truck..it probably performs better and more reliable

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually for what its worth my truck is a factory freak and i only lost by half a truck length when we raced to 80

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
yeah does your dad have any mods on his truck?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nope 100% stock, my plans are if i decide to get it 2/4 drop 232 cam with long tubes and and e/cut out tune and bigger injectors just to start out lol should wake it up a bit

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nope 100% stock, my plans are if i decide to get it 2/4 drop 232 cam with long tubes and and e/cut out tune and bigger injectors just to start out lol should wake it up a bit

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
oh yes that will wake it up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts