GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put an escalade console in my 99 2-door tahoe and am interested in running the bose amp and sub with my aftermarket system (pioneer head-unit and blaupunkt component speakers)

anybody have any experience with this?

thanks
matt

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i don't believe the escalade console has a sub built into it. I'm just guessing b/c the OBS denali(my dad has one) has a 6 disc changer in it. It would skip all the time if it had a sub in it.

i guess, explain more of what you want to do.

If you're tryin to run a factory sub off ur HU, i'm guessin it won't work. I've never seen it done, but i would imagine that u'd blow it up pretty easily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've got a 99 tahoe 2-door diesel with the 2000 escalade console in it. console is the same as 98-2000 denali. it has factory bose sub and amp in the fron part of under the cupholders and little storage trays.

i want to use the factory sub and/or amp with pioneer 1.5 din head unit if possible. factory sub is controlled with rest of audio system by body control module with 100's of wires in and out.

like the location of the factory sub and don't want to pay for another that i'll have to fit in somewhere else

looking for help with the wiring and experience from someone who has done this combo or one like it

thanks
matt

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
mathiahs said:
i've got a 99 tahoe 2-door diesel
Sorry to get off track, but they made a 2 door tahoe with diesel??(6.5 I'm guessin)

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
there is a sub under [email protected]?!? it seems aweful small of a area to fit a decent sized sub. ubt i've never heard a factory sub working with an aftermarket hu. How much did you pay for that center console? I went to the dealership once and they said like 4 grand for it, so i told them forget it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
console was $300 via ebay plus $12 shipping. there are a couple on there now. sometimes they have the cd changer, sub and amp and sometimes they don't. mine didn't have the changer and the rear cupholder was broken (very common)

just bought a pair of 2000 denali 2-tone leather seats late last night for $410 too.

we did get the sub to work with the stock head unit but it sucked all the power from the h/u amp and made the front channel distort pretty bad. bass was great though. i'm not after a competition system here....just want it to sound close to or better than the bose in my 2003 sierra with the dmax.

tahoe is a 6.5td. they started offering it in yukon and tahoe 2-doors and suburbans in 1993 i think. 97 was last year for yukon i think. very few of them around. keep your eyes peeled for the 2 open intakes in the front bumper to spot them. mine was special-ordered in oregon and has every option. probably stickered in the high $30k range. great power and mobility and gets over 20mpg on the highway.

head unit showed up today so we'll start messing with it. any ideas for best site for wiring diagrams for the bose system in the denali/escalade? if we can figure out the right wires it can't be too tough to make it work....

matt

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
ditch that hoe!
even if you get the power, ground and turn on right, itll have some hard core turn-on-off thump and trying to match the gains will be like trying to solve a crossword puzzle blindfolded without a pen. Id say if you wanna keep the setup, ditch the amp and maybe the sub unless its a 4 or 2 ohm, if its a 1 ohm like most of the BOSE crap, ditch it! Getting a 1 ohm stable wont be worth the hassle, might as well get a cheap little amp and sub to fill the void

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thread is really old but i just purchased an escalade center console with the cd changer and sub and was curious if any one was able to make it work?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts