GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so I pulled my DTC/SES/CEL and comes up for the Idle Air Control motor. :think: This a common issue or what? I haven't read nor seen shit about it and I'm not keen on shelling out $110 for this fuck.

I don't have any idle surge or any horse shit.

Thoughts/Opinions/Criticisms appreciated.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P-0507 if anyone cares, looks like I have a vac leak somewhere. :hmm:

·
Daddy
1,360 Posts
Such potty mouths.....:uhoh:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm okay cool. I suspect a vac leak as my idle doesn't hang at high RPM when letting off the pedal and coming to a stop, it's just a few hundred over where it's supposed to be.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Could be the IAC motor stuck open too. I had a problem with mine awhile back but it was because one of the wires hit the EGR valve and melted.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be the IAC motor stuck open too. I had a problem with mine awhile back but it was because one of the wires hit the EGR valve and melted.

Wouldn't I have wild idle numbers if it was stuck open? There aren't really any drivability (sp?) issues minus that damned light.

EGR is removed. I used the OE GM plug on the plastic manifold to plug it... spoke with another member and he had to purchase another TB gasket after he swapped his stock TB to ported (I have a BBK as it was super cheap)

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Not necessarily...if it opened a little too much then stopped moving it would raise the RPM up a little bit but it wouldn't be out of control.

Not sure about the TB gasket thing.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not necessarily...if it opened a little too much then stopped moving it would raise the RPM up a little bit but it wouldn't be out of control.

Not sure about the TB gasket thing.

Hm, guess I can check my TPS voltage and see if I'm too far open

1 - 9 of 9 Posts