GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a hard time to get my rotors off up front. Cant seem to get the plate off covers the rotor. Any tricks?

This is the plate goes over the 8 lug studs. I believe I need to get it off then take the screws off hold the rotor to the hub.

Got her lubed up good, got the BFH out and as of last night could not get it to budge. Will go out in the shop here in a few and give it a go again.

Im in the process of doing a complete brake job front and rear and hose replacement to hopefully put an end to my squirrley brakes

s

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HELP. Cannot get rotors off. I consider myself a pretty good wrench but this has me acting stupid.... I started life at the age 20 as an Aircraft mechanic and now have been a Captain for Continental on the BIG BOEINGS for 24 years but this GM rotor has me stumped.

Cant even figure it out using autozones online repair guides.

S

1999 k2500 4wd 454

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
They have to be pressed on and off if i remember correctly

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup. what a pain in the _ss. Might as well replace the hubs while I have them out....the list goes on and on.

Gee, and the rear shoes...another real pain!

Thanks

S

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
check out The Rock auto site and will try them next time. Im the mean anyone put 1 ton brake calipers on a 3/4 ton suburban?? I have a set and they will fit and give me bigger pistons and thicker brake pads.

all in all they are the same as for the 3/4 ton but just wider to accept thicker pads.

scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts