GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my first minimal lift (2-3"). I have a choice between a PA 3" Body Lift ( gap guards bumper kit coming later ), or a 2" block in the rear with cranking done to level her out, also with a re alignment included. It will be installed on the truck in my signature. I plan on adding both these lifts in the future with some 35's, and I don't know which one to do first? Many have said 2", many say body lift? Whats yall's opinions?

thanks

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I would go with the 3 inch bodylift because it would look killer with the 285's you already have and it would leave your cv angles alone and you would be able to offroad quite well.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kyle said:
I would go with the 3 inch bodylift because it would look killer with the 285's you already have and it would leave your cv angles alone and you would be able to offroad quite well.
Yea, I think It would look pretty good, but the thing is I HATE the frame showing like that and how the towing package and pipes stay down, etc... You think I won't look too tacky? Would it be more wise to just put a diamond plate piece in between the bumper and tailgate or should I go with the bumper kit and let pipes and towing lay low? Suggestions guys... Thanks again

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
Southern Pride said:
Yea, I think It would look pretty good, but the thing is I HATE the frame showing like that and how the towing package and pipes stay down, etc... You think I won't look too tacky? Would it be more wise to just put a diamond plate piece in between the bumper and tailgate or should I go with the bumper kit and let pipes and towing lay low? Suggestions guys... Thanks again
You can make your own gap guards to hide a body lift.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
even with the cranking and the bodylift you will be lucky to clear a good 33" tire. on my 95 Z i had a 3" body and TB crank and could BARELY clear my 33s on 8" wheels.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lowred said:
even with the cranking and the bodylift you will be lucky to clear a good 33" tire. on my 95 Z i had a 3" body and TB crank and could BARELY clear my 33s on 8" wheels.
Thats odd man. DirtyBlackZ71 is clearing 35.5" tall tires with about a 1" crank on his 98. Ducktruck has a 3" BL i think with a block added and hes clearing 37's. I think with the BL and a 1" block, like Dr. Pepper Kid's ride, will squeeze in some 315 BFG Mud Terrains. Opinions?

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Southern Pride said:
Thats odd man. DirtyBlackZ71 is clearing 35.5" tall tires with about a 1" crank on his 98. Ducktruck has a 3" BL i think with a block added and hes clearing 37's. I think with the BL and a 1" block, like Dr. Pepper Kid's ride, will squeeze in some 315 BFG Mud Terrains. Opinions?
They're all running stock rims. Josh was running 16x8's, where the stockers are 16x7's. Also stock rims have 5 inches of back spacing, and Josh's most likely had 4.5

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
00Silverado said:
They're all running stock rims. Josh was running 16x8's, where the stockers are 16x7's. Also stock rims have 5 inches of back spacing, and Josh's most likely had 4.5
I appreciate that. Yes, I knew they were all running stock rims, but I couldn't justify why they didn't rub because I don't know jack about backspacing and wheels...I don't got the $$$ for new wheels now anyways.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
well said david, not just my backspacing. but i think like aquaman (long time ago on the other site) if you touch AT ALL even under full flex, you dont clear your tires. there is no point to cranking this and that and adding a bodylift to clear a tire that is too big, unless it is a transition, and you are fixing to order the lift to accomdate the tires. i was pretty happy with my 33s. sure a 6" rancho and 35s would have been nice, or even bigger. but i was happy with a capable truck that more than cleared the 33s. i had a dana 44 that i had bought to put under the front when i traded my truck or i would have bought a susp lift.

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Well I have a 3 Inch body lift on my 97 Sierra and 33's on it(I could have had more but this is with ground fx on it). When I put the lift on I didn't think it would look any good with the ground fx on it...but hell I love it. The ground fx even hide most of the space showing.

Heres some pics. I don't have a lot of clearing but I have still gone mudding and did just fine.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/4x4gmc

Attachments

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice truck 4X4 GMC! I have never liked those kind of side skirts on a truck except yours. I am going to invest in some Nfabs, hopefully, if anyone has some they want to get rid of?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts