GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys . Gettin truck back soon , its been at the dealer since the rain last week. They said the vent in the rear of the cab to release air when you close the door was missing. So they have to fix that and replace the carpet in the truck. anyways..

I want to do a muffler. I was thinking about the 40 series flowmaster. Just wanted to know is there any performance difference in the single in/single out vs. the single in and dual out? Id prefer the single out, but if it is gonna effect the performance at all ill go for the dual. Also looking to order an intake tonight, any recomondations? truck is a 4.8

Zach

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Flowmaster sucks it will yield no gains over stock. Get a muffler that actually flows and everyone and their dad doesn't have on their truck.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Magnaflow. Keep the stock piping and put in a single in single out magnaflow in place of the stock muffler.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I also really like the AEM intake, or the Volant closed end is great also.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Flowmaster sucks it will yield no gains over stock. Get a muffler that actually flows and everyone and their dad doesn't have on their truck.
i`m not looking to start a war but the above quote is complete bullshit.

i have a flowmaster 50 series catback on my 05 yukon w/ a 5.3 and i immediately felt a power increase in the mid and high range rpm`s. in the only muffler comparison chart i could find done on a mildly built 370 HP mustang the difference was only 3-4 horsepower between the flowmasters and the the best flowing mufflers out there. i think corsa made the most power.

i`d like to see the proof that flowmasters and stock flow the same.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i`m not looking to start a war but the above quote is complete bullshit.

i have a flowmaster 50 series catback on my 05 yukon w/ a 5.3 and i immediately felt a power increase in the mid and high range rpm`s. in the only muffler comparison chart i could find done on a mildly built 370 HP mustang the difference was only 3-4 horsepower between the flowmasters and the the best flowing mufflers out there. i think corsa made the most power.

i`d like to see the proof that flowmasters and stock flow the same.
its been shown time and time again on dyno charts. no, i dont have any. yes, i have seen more than one.

guess what...i felt a power LOSS after installing my corsa catback on my 8.1. it went from being able to chrip the tires to NOTHING from a dead stop. let the PCM relearn for a day or so, it was a whole new beast after that. Corsa>stock>any flow.

btw, i shelled out 1/4 of retail for my corsa and would do it again in a heartbeat. its a badass system and would pay more next time around for one for another vehicle than what i paid for this even.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts