GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Former GM Enthusiast
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to do this but we are looking for a new home for our dog. Unfortunately with the arrival of our son, all our time gets sucked up between him and working. I feel bad that we can't give him the attention he needs and deserves. Name: Glock
weight: somewhere around 85-90lbs
pure bred - dad was 120lbs - was told parents were police dogs. Have all paperwork of lineage and vaccinations. Was never AKC registered but can be. We never got around to doing it. attended obedience training by shelmar kennels (1200.00)
needs to be worked with more on him not jumping up on people. (Lack of owner training reinforcement) Sits on demand and goes to crate when told go to your kennel. House broken. Very sweet dog but very energetic; needs daily exercise. Needs to go to a home where he can be given attention and lots of love, just not thrown in the backyard. Very important to us that he goes to a good home. Asking 500.00 for him. Paid 700 + the 1200 for the training. Text for pics - 713.302.5010

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Hate to do this but we are looking for a new home for our dog. Unfortunately with the arrival of our son, all our time gets sucked up between him and working. I feel bad that we can't give him the attention he needs and deserves. Name: Glock
weight: somewhere around 85-90lbs
pure bred - dad was 120lbs - was told parents were police dogs. Have all paperwork of lineage and vaccinations. Was never AKC registered but can be. We never got around to doing it. attended obedience training by shelmar kennels (1200.00)
needs to be worked with more on him not jumping up on people. (Lack of owner training reinforcement) Sits on demand and goes to crate when told go to your kennel. House broken. Very sweet dog but very energetic; needs daily exercise. Needs to go to a home where he can be given attention and lots of love, just not thrown in the backyard. Very important to us that he goes to a good home. Asking 500.00 for him. Paid 700 + the 1200 for the training. Text for pics - 713.302.5010
Was cute as a puppy now you don't want him. GIVE the dog away to a good home

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Good luck with sale.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
reported Josh's post :shrug:

·
Former GM Enthusiast
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Giving an animal away increases the odds of him going to a bad home. If someone is willing to invest in an animal they are more likely to work hard and provide what the animal needs. I'm 33yrs old, not an immature teenage girl that wanted or liked something because it was cute. As stated above, we just had our first child and that is taking precedent. It's not fair to the dog to just throw him in the backyard and let him be all alone.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I suggest contacting a good rescue group and having them find a good home for your dog. They do their research and investigate before giving a dog to someone.

·
Former GM Enthusiast
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suggest contacting a good rescue group and having them find a good home for your dog. They do their research and investigate before giving a dog to someone.
Thanks for the advice. Will look into that!

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Would you be interested in giving him to a police department?
might be a little late for training, but always a possibility........

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
Its not easy, but you don't have to get rid of him. My wife and I have a GSD that just turned 3 and we had our first child a year ago. Yes, the GSD doesn't get as many walks or trips to the beach or dog park as he used to, but we still take him with us when we go on walks with our son. The dog loves it. And the dog loves our son, and vice versa. We wouldn't change it for anything.

It takes dedication, and work and sacrifice, but there is no reason to get rid of him. If you still don't think you can handle, definitely talk to a rescue (NOT an animal shelter, he will be put down before he can be adopted). In North Florida there is a rescue called "Big Dog Rescue", find an organization like them to rehome your dog.

Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts