GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, I gotta MTX Pre Fab box, 2-10W3's and a 500/1 for my set up right now. I was thinkin about upgrading my subs to 2-12's if I will have enough airspace, most likely 12W3 version 2's. Then I was thinkin about building a custom box for my 10's........what will sound better for rap/bass music? I will be keepin' my amp also.......damn wish I had money for a pair of W7's and a new amp :crazy: Thanks, and pics would be great too!

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also I want it under the seat, with prob a amp rack on top in the middle

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
you can't fit W7s... unless you lifted the seat, but you still wouldn't have enough airspace.. I ran 2 W7s in my truck, its an awesome setup, and i would again if i owned a tahoe.

You'll have plenty of air space for the W3s... go for the 12:read:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2k1slvrdo said:
you can't fit W7s... unless you lifted the seat, but you still wouldn't have enough airspace.. I ran 2 W7s in my truck, its an awesome setup, and i would again if i owned a tahoe.

You'll have plenty of air space for the W3s... go for the 12:read:
you meaaaaan 12's lol, what setup are you running again? Yea a custom box with 12's should sound good. Will my 500/1 be enough power tho?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
12's are deeper bass. 10's are tighter bass.

I have been fucking with my system for a while now, and it still doesn't THUMP even though I have 1000 watt 12" subwoofers with an 1800watt amp +++.

The bottom line is that it's hard to get that crazy deep bass in an extended cab silverado... well, for me atleast.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Maybe I just need a new headunit!!!!!?!?!!? I need to go do that! CANT DECIDE ON A INDASH OR Premier 9600MD ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Slammedchevy01 said:
Sup guys, I gotta MTX Pre Fab box, 2-10W3's and a 500/1 for my set up right now. I was thinkin about upgrading my subs to 2-12's if I will have enough airspace, most likely 12W3 version 2's. Then I was thinkin about building a custom box for my 10's........what will sound better for rap/bass music? I will be keepin' my amp also.......damn wish I had money for a pair of W7's and a new amp :crazy: Thanks, and pics would be great too!

I had 2-10" in a ProBox with a 500 watt amp in my 95 Ex-Cab and now in my 00 Ex-Cab i'm running 2 12's in a Probox with a 800 watt amp. I like the 12's much better. (Both units downfiring by the way)
I took a stock Probox for two 12's and cut a hole in the top center section to drop my amp in and sealed it back up. Guys were telling me to put it on the back wall of the cab but the upper seat does not flip forward so you can not adjust it easily. I really like this setup.

LK

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
personally i dont like 10 unless theres atleast 4 to make up for the bottom end presence. but i have heard 2 10's sound pretty damn good on low notes

with that being said i would try to change out the box first becuase alot of the sound you get from subs is how well your box is built (if the box is flexing that takes away from the deep bass sound) and what airspace you have for the subs... prefab boxes usally suck on proper air requirments and flex some

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any pics of ur current box alwhite? Thanx for the opinions guys!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Slammedchevy01 said:
any pics of ur current box alwhite? Thanx for the opinions guys!
Here ya' go. Don't mind the mess (I have 2 kids) And don't laugh at the neon (I got them VERY cheap so it's no big loss if I pitch em.)

LK

Attachments

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Here is a website that gives awsome info on box building so that any sub you have sounds great. This website gives you the info you need to taylor a box specifically for the particular sub you have. I run 2 Audiobahn 12" High Excursion subs in the back of my 95 ext cab, and they slam thanks to this website. Try it out. www.loudspeakers101.com :head: :head:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i have 2 12s in a fiberglass box, firing upwards.... Fits flush under the seat.

Yoskater, if you wanna hear my system, come to the damn truck jam. I garantee you'll think its loud enough. Hell, i've had guys challenge me with 4 12s and i've out bumped em :D. Gotta love sponsorships

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can ya post a pic of the box 2k1Slvrdo please? :head:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts