GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've pm'd a few people, I've started WTB threads, and can't get any response...

I want a 2/3 drop kit for an 05 Denali. 3/4 ton keys for the front, springs and shock extenders for the rear.

Does anyone here have anything at all, or which vendor can I speak to?

The only online things I can find are on ebay and are $250.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Hit Tim up, he's a vendor on here TimsSuspensionOnline.com :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are several kits out there with keys and springs.
Some folks actually mix and match parts as there are varying opinions on how much a particular brand spring actually lowers and how it rides, same for keys.
There's:
Beltech
McGaughys
GroundForce (I had the GF kit on my 05 YDXL, before I got educated, will do something different this go round on my 06 YDXL)

Beltech and McG also have lowering spindles

You won't get the best ride / travel in the front suspension with keys, if you want more suspension travel and a better ride spindles are the way to go. Either way you will need rear shock extenders and trimming the bumpstops helps.

Finding used is possible but may take a while.
The best bet is to decide which way you want to go, whos parts you want to use and just buy it new.
Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really wasn't wanting to go with spindles just yet. Keys in the front for now will be fine. I was hoping for now to keep it under $200 for the whole kit.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
i 2nd the spindles, i have hd keys in mine not too fond of how it rides up front

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
As soon as I get some extra change I'm prolly gunna pick up some spindles and decrank the faxtory keys and hope I get enough drop or I will run the drop keys all the way up... Spindles would be worth the money imo

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
When i put McG spindles on my truck and measured they only gave me about 1.5" of drop.. but maybe i measured wrong.

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
I really wasn't wanting to go with spindles just yet. Keys in the front for now will be fine. I was hoping for now to keep it under $200 for the whole kit.
You have a denali yet you want to keep your suspension package UNDER 200 dollars...

Uggg....I don't understand some people. Just heat the coils and take the bolts out of the stock keys lol...there you go, free.99

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
I don't understand why people suggest heating coils and other unsafe practices, I dropped my Denali for $200 initially...then came helper bags, spindles, etc. I'd say it's possible for a bit more than $200:
keys - $50
springs - $130-$150
shock extensions - $50 - these are critical with the autoride rear shocks

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I have some 2" drop keys for that truck if you're interested. I had bought them for my wife's 04 yukon, but never put them on. I bought them off a member here.

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
I don't understand why people don't understand sarcasm.

$200 dollar drop kit gets you a $200 ride.
I understood, just reminded me of a dude's escalade I saw the other day dropped the exact same way. I'm with you, no idea how people drop dime on a nice truck and skimp on the proper components but it is pretty cheap to lower these trucks since the front shocks will work with a 2" no problem.
This thing feels like it's got a $200 ride as it is.

Thanks for the prices Boost. Is that a specific brand (just asking)? Shipping prices included?
I was just guessing prices off ebay and such, pretty sure most 3" coils are only $120-$130 tho. You'll want the autoride links or I can give you dimensions so you can cut your own. I like the belltech coils personally but they cost more due to the progressive spring rate.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump, still looking.

I pm'd Tim and it's $390 for a spindle kit. WAY out of my budget. I prefer used....

So I need rear springs and extenders, and either spindles or keys for the front.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts