GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
you wont have any probs with 20s on a 2/4.... i dont know about 22's though... i wouldnt think you would have probs though.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
and backspacing, backspacing is a big part of clearing your wheels and tires.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
there was a guy who ran a 4/6 on 22inch KMCs for awhile, he rubbed alot, so he switched it out to a 3/5 and his rubbing issues went away. He was running some lower pro rubber though. I would think with a smaller tire you could run a 2/4 with 22s. But i'm not sure what work he had done to clear them:read: I don't believe KMCs have correct backspacing to tuck

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Lets just say I have 305/40/R22 tires on my 02 with a 2" rear drop, and thanks to the INFAMOUS GM "LEAN" (Thanks Adam), my drivers side front tire is already all chewed up (keep in mind, I'm only 2" lower in the BACK).

I did hear a lot about "ewogys friend" running a 2/4 with 22's and had no problem, but never found out who the guy was.

Anyways, with a little bit of :hack: and a little bit of :weld: .... anything is possible! You can run 26's with no rub!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Here is a pic of my friends tahoe with a 4/6 drop (I think) with ?/30/R22 tires.
Muggyrim.jpg

By the way, they are for sale... I took these pics to post em up here but forgot all about it :crazy: I'll throw something in the for sale section...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
yoskater said:
Lets just say I have 305/40/R22 tires on my 02 with a 2" rear drop, and thanks to the INFAMOUS GM "LEAN" (Thanks Adam), my drivers side front tire is already all chewed up (keep in mind, I'm only 2" lower in the BACK).

I did hear a lot about "ewogys friend" running a 2/4 with 22's and had no problem, but never found out who the guy was.

Anyways, with a little bit of :hack: and a little bit of :weld: .... anything is possible! You can run 26's with no rub!
ewogo's friend sold the truck, and now drives a cobra... i believe he hates me... maybe i should stop dropping on him :crazy: Same truck i was talking about, except i'm pretty sure it was a 3/5.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i went ahead and got some 20's and 45 series tires, wanted a little more rubber for my taste's i dont plan on bagging it, i gotta tow with this truck, so this will be fine and im gonna get a 2/4 kit on it soon, this picture shows the driver side back to stock, the rest is still lifted.. LOL

Attachments

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I'm running a 22x9.5 wheel in front and back on a 3/6 drop.. The tires are 265/35/22 and I have NOT rubbed once. I had to roll the rear fender lips in all the way because my wheels have minimal backspacing, but i think that they worked out absolutely perfect for me and the drop. I was told by many people that this setup would NOT work for my truck, but I knew it would, and it does.

If i went any lower say to a 4" front drop, it might rub the tops of the front wheel wells on hard bumps. I also am running 3" drop coils up front and no bumpstops(still have yet to rub once)

and Droppedgmc, you forgot to mention that your 22's were going to be "Billets" on the 4/6... which helps out tucking just a little. You'll probably want to go a little lower in the rear to level it out some more.

and here's a pic with the 3/6 on 22's

a79591d7.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts