GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna be ordering some 24z this summer, but i will be puttin the 2/4 on in a few weeks I am about to get the hangers like this r next week ,but for the front will i get a better look with springs r spindles.will i get any rub in the front that low and what size tire should i run since the 305/35/24 is the mostly chosen one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Shhooo nugh lol They'll fit. You can go 4/6 with 275/25 but most people here will think you're crazy haha. Looks good IMO though.

Actually people off the forums will think your crazy too.....

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have a 2/4. Go with spindles in the front. I have 305/35/24 tires and I get a little rub on the driver side, on the back part of the inner plastic when I am in reverse. The wheels are 24x10 with +13 offset. I really like my setup, and it rides great.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
I have a 2/4. Go with spindles in the front. I have 305/35/24 tires and I get a little rub on the driver side, on the back part of the inner plastic when I am in reverse. The wheels are 24x10 with +13 offset. I really like my setup, and it rides great.
But ur truck also sits 2" higher than his truck from the factory...

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Hey bro, my friend has some 24's for sale in the Metairie/River Ridge, LA area. Not far from you.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
24X10 +13 OFFSET

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kool i think thats the same company that made the wheels

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know wit a 2/4 and 22s i hav to notch but wit 24z will i hav to notch plus do more that that

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
i know wit a 2/4 and 22s i hav to notch but wit 24z will i hav to notch plus do more that that
Ummm... wheel size doesnt mean you have to notch, drop height does. And I have a 2/4 without a notch, and no problems. Dunno told you that you have to notch with a 4" drop, but they are mistaken...

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thx

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey. Anyone know if I can run my 275/55/20's with a 2/4 drop without any rubbing? I'm planning on lowering my truck soon with spindles and a flip kit but don't wanna buy new tires just yet.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hey. Anyone know if I can run my 275/55/20's with a 2/4 drop without any rubbing? I'm planning on lowering my truck soon with spindles and a flip kit but don't wanna buy new tires just yet.
I have a 1.25/2 in drop with 285/50/20 and I'm not rubbing right now. Pretty damn close, but not rubbing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was told that I can run a flip kit with a 2" lift shackle or hanger (i forget which one the guy said) for a 4" rear drop. This is an alternative to 2" drop leafs cuz he said that alot have been coming back broken? This is the shop I was refered to by McGaughey's.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Ummm... wheel size doesnt mean you have to notch, drop height does. And I have a 2/4 without a notch, and no problems. Dunno told you that you have to notch with a 4" drop, but they are mistaken...
i would. waay back in the day when I was static and owned a truck, my axle would hit my frame all the time when driving over speed bumps. it was a gnarly noise

1 - 20 of 21 Posts