GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any one knows of a good 2/4 drop for my truck. Remember its a 04 1500 Crew Cab so the hangers are welded in. I want to keep the soft/smooth ride though. Is there anything out there yet? Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sevenfold said:
Look into Hotchkis, it comes with new leaf springs that will drop you 4" in the back.
Cool, they are about 30 minutes from my house.
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
Won't you lose some payload/towing capacity with new leaf springs?
the new springs are stiffer. they should be the same payload if not better. they are just de-arched springs right?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LowBlue02 said:
Won't you lose some payload/towing capacity with new leaf springs?
Damn I hope not, I tow a trailer everyday and a boat sometimes. Could I do help bags?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Josh said:
the new springs are stiffer. they should be the same payload if not better. they are just de-arched springs right?
I dont want stiff though. :crazy:
 

·
internet bigot®
Joined
·
4,016 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
Won't you lose some payload/towing capacity with new leaf springs?

nope.. the hotchkis keeps the same capacity....

you shoulda seen how much shit i had in the back of my truck... i hardly even got a sag....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
onyx said:
nope.. the hotchkis keeps the same capacity....

you shoulda seen how much shit i had in the back of my truck... i hardly even got a sag....
Are they stiffer or about the same as stock?
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
E.M.D. said:
Are they stiffer or about the same as stock?
from what nick99 and demon both have said, they are stiffer. stiffness has nothing to do with payload though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
The spring rate may be stiffer but that doesn't mean the stock payload capacity is retained. However, if the springs have the same number of leaves w/ an overload, they should be rated at factory specifications. :read:

BTW, stock sucks.....:pow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
E.M.D. said:
Damn I hope not, I tow a trailer everyday and a boat sometimes. Could I do help bags?


Like I've told you before, you would have to have Brother Bling possibly fabricate a custom upper mount. Bolt-on kits are only designed to be used on a truck that uses a flip kit and/or shackles. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Matt said:
the hangers are welded in? or just riveted in? i guess the only way to retain the stock ride would be a flip kit, but it seems thats more drop than you want. def get helper bags if you tow everday


Brandon's right, the hangers on the 1/2-ton crews are welded in. :crazy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BaggedC10 said:
The spring rate may be stiffer but that doesn't mean the stock payload capacity is retained. However, if the springs have the same number of leaves w/ an overload, they should be rated at factory specifications. :read:

BTW, stock sucks.....:pow:
Garage queens suck :D
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
The spring rate may be stiffer but that doesn't mean the stock payload capacity is retained. However, if the springs have the same number of leaves w/ an overload, they should be rated at factory specifications. :read:

BTW, stock sucks.....:pow:
this isnt ALWAYS true. some can be more, some can be less. and the welded on hangers do suck. your truck is too long for a flip kit, unless you bag ontop of it.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top