GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starting with the front: i have 2 inch drop spindles, should i add lower control arms or add new springs? in the back i have shackles and hangers, i want to get the djm flip kit, so when i put the flip kit on, i have to put the stock shackles and hangers back on. right? right now i took out the bottem helper spring to lower it a little more, should i put them back on with the flip kit? id love suggestions or comments.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
2" drop springs for the front. Do not put in dropped control arms with dropped spindles on a static drop.

You'll have to re-install your stock S/H units for the rear and add the flip kit for a 6" drop.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
groundscraper said:
2" drop springs for the front. Do not put in dropped control arms with dropped spindles on a static drop.

You'll have to re-install your stock S/H units for the rear and add the flip kit for a 6" drop.
:word:

As far as replacing the overload spring...you don't need to but it won't hurt. Kinda depends if you wanna haul stuff around. I probably wouldn't bother with putting it back in since if you really wanna haul a good load with a 4/6 you'd want to install a air assist kit anyhow.

Cameron

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
jboomer said:
aim industries is where i got my lowering kit. there in mesa arizona, they have tons of stuff for lowering and bagging trucks.
http://www.truckn.com/
get rid of all that shit, you will thank yourself down the road for it, just ask FullThrottleDan and his imploded rear flip kit. Get a quality 4/6 kit and dont reuse any of the AIM :crap:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
A drop spindle w/ a drop arm would make the drop arms run so low to the ground.....not to mention would probably rub the inner lip of the rim if it would even rotate.

Cameron

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Physh1 said:
A drop spindle w/ a drop arm would make the drop arms run so low to the ground.....not to mention would probably rub the inner lip of the rim if it would even rotate.

Cameron
:word:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts