GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the search is dead and I can't find what I'm looking for post up some pics of 2/4 drops on 20's.

Or if someone has a link to a thread like this, I'm sure ones out there....

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,914 Posts
Looks clean.

·
RCSB SS
8 Posts
Thanks. I actually bought it that way so I didn't do any of the work myself, but I can appreciate that someone else did it right. It rides/handles/drives as good or better than a stock truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you need to have the back notched for a 4" drop? I plan on putting some hangers on soon and wasn't planning on notching. How much of a gap will there be between the frame and the axle?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Do you need to have the back notched for a 4" drop? I plan on putting some hangers on soon and wasn't planning on notching. How much of a gap will there be between the frame and the axle?
Really depends on your roads and how you drive. Some people say notch and some people dont. I didnt and I very rarely hit frame. So from my experience I wouldnt, but some may tell you too

·
Pewter scooter
1,930 Posts
4" is not needed but as stated, if your roads are bad then it would be best to go ahead and notch it to be safe so your not hitting the bump stops all the time.

·
RCSB SS
8 Posts
The one in the pics is notched. Might as well add the notch for extra clearance if your roads are anything like Illinois. DJM claims no difference from stock in load carrying capacity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts