GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive got an 02 extended cab that i've already put 2" shackles on the rear but I'm really wanting to go lower and get my 275/55/20s to fill in the wells a bit more. A 2/4 is what I have my eye on, the dilemma is that I still use this as a work truck which means pretty regularly hauling a good 800lbs and from time to time towing a 16' tandem axel. So I'm really looking for some advice on a drop kit, shocks, helper bags, etc. Whatever I might need to get my stance down the way I want but still be able to use the truck the way I need to. Oh and my wheels have a factory offset I believe, if that matters. I don't want to have to worry about my tires crunching my fenders.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
You could do a 4" drop on the rear with hangers and shackles then add helper bags for the load. It's a bit of work taking off the factory hangers but it will get you were you want to be then on the front easiest way would be spindles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty much what I was thinking of doing after reading a bunch on here. Any advice on which helper bags? How much of a headache are they to air up and down without getting one of the compressorscompressor systems?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
It's a little bit of a pain to air up without on board air considering you have to find an air source when you want to air it up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts