GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I need some height adjustment... Going to start looking for used parts and such since I already have the 2" rear shackle, ill be looking for the hanger to go with it for the 4" in the rear...

So in the front, I want to keep a stock ride, I sure dont want the ride to suffer, but I would also like to gain some handeling improvements also... So what does everyone recomend? I will buy new shocks for sure, but I didnt know if I should go with new coils or new Control arms... Any info would be great...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I would love to...But I dont think 40's would work to well on it... And if I cant do 40's then I dont want to lift it... And im running outa $$$...LOL so the 2/4 is the best for now...

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
ive got 2 inch hangers, and will have coils as soon as the front is bagged

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i will have 2" hangers as soon as i get off my lazy ass and install my flip kit.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
DemoN said:
:LOL::LOL: dam you got alot of shit you gotta do for that truck:read:
garage full of parts. i got some already at the body shop to. just no time and no motivation :bawl:

·
Back from hiatus..
600 Posts
i just installed the djm calmax kit (level 1?) it is equal to a 2/4 drop--i did some research and everyone told me that this kit kept a very close to stock ride but it would handle a little better. i am very happy with the way it rides and the way it handles. i only have one bad thing to say: it now sits too close to the bumpstops in the rear--i have to really watch how i drive now or i will hit em.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
deve8edsilv said:
i just installed the djm calmax kit (level 1?) it is equal to a 2/4 drop--i did some research and everyone told me that this kit kept a very close to stock ride but it would handle a little better. i am very happy with the way it rides and the way it handles. i only have one bad thing to say: it now sits too close to the bumpstops in the rear--i have to really watch how i drive now or i will hit em.
Are they factory or did you cut them down some? Mine are cut down, not saying its a great ride but it helped some.

·
Back from hiatus..
600 Posts
this kit uses the factory springs and comes with lower control arms, so the ride stays just about stock, but the center of gravity is lower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts